Nice new EDC 18650 light at DX

Square threads are much stronger. Each time you screw & unscrew the tail-cap, there is wear of the aluminum as evidence from the grease becoming black. It’s minimal but square cut threads reinforce these area of wear much better than standard threads.
The standard threads are also easier to get ding up, especially the first thread which is critical and more prone to cross-threading.
Just my personal preference, I’ll go for square cut threads if there is a choice, although I can live with well cut & smooth standard threads.

Good points Flame2000. But I disagree that square threads are stronger. If we are talking about acme type threads, then you are right on the mark. I think a lot of our thread problems stem from cheap material and lousy machine work. Sorry to the OP for getting side tracked.

The OP Ultrafire SH-F12 XM-L would indeed appear to be a Roche F12 rip. (And the F12 is much prettier.) The Ultrafires modes suck. Kind of a shame.

This Uniquefire M1 looks very interesting! Too early for anyone to have experience with it?

Wish the low was a little lower, but 25/50/100 is not horrible. I like L>M>H arrangement. Hope it fits a wide variety of 18650s.

The edc I linked took everything me and don tried, from crap ultrafire Grey’s to fat 70mm long efest cells, and have a look at the modes 5-30-100% its just a brilliant little light.

I built mine as my first host build, its a real nice quality host, good o ring fit, good heat sinking (for something so small) I added a current controlled driver, which is better for my use at work, pwm makes engine pulleys strobe when running which can be off putting, I don’t have that, or tint shift, which some people worry about.

I really can’t stop raving about this little light, I guess because its mine, put together by me, its personal. 8)

I ordered this one from IOS about a week ago. Should be arriving at my place anytime soon. Went for the 1.4A XP-G2 version cos I want to run it on max output for longer period of >30min. Hope it doesn’t gets too hot. :slight_smile:

It doesn't.

I was out with mine last night, in total darkness with no street lights or other interference. It’s excellent for general EDC use, and distinctly on the ‘floody’ side. I have a hunch the same reflector is used for the XM-L version - the XP-G2 die has a noticeable gap around it. Indoors, it floods a room with light. Outdoors, an XM-L P-60 at roughly the same amperage outdistances it, but the spot/flood effect is less pleasing to the eye. As always, it’s a matter of what ones application is.

It’s very ‘pocketable’; as small and short as I expect an 18650 could ever practically be.

All in all, I like mine. I’m also going to order an XM-L version ‘just because’! :slight_smile: (I’m also lusting for one of Intl-Outdoors Nitecore headlight/headband thingys. Oh well, what’s another $10!) J)

Problem with that new EDC from Fancy flashlights:
http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=562

The lense looks way to recessed and will probably result in a narrow spill with less lumens. The trustfire A8 which I own also has this problem which kind of ticks me off, even with the SS Bezel removed.

Where did you find a CC driver that fits? :slight_smile:

I’m amazed that I seem to be the only one aware of this driver.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/ld25-26a-35modes-circuit-board-p-414.html

You have to relieve the step in the pill a touch, I used a battery drill and small stone bit, and there’s a small pin that just needs snipping flush, then its in.

Reads 2.55a - 1.15a - .15a if I remember right. I really like it for an edc host, as long as it fits - with two boards its taller than a nanjg driver but not by that much.

Oops, I have missed this one totally…
Do you think it would fit to generic P60 pill also?

Nice find, really! Only rant would be size and 2 mode groups but I think I could deal with both.

I’m not sure tbh, it fits a c8 pill, and it fit the edc pill. But that had quite a deep cavity. I’ve never seen a bare p60 pill, I just don’t like them.

You could buy the driver and an emitter of choice, if it won’t fit the p60, order an OEM host:-

Loading... 0:)

Yeah, I think I will… :bigsmile: CC driver is surely interesting and I lack a proper 18650 EDC anyway.