Nichia 519A

It’s just because the store is close for CNY, they’re not actually sold out

Phew. Thanks :).

By the way we have a group shipping with Clemence/Eurekatronix going on to save on shipping fees, we need to reach 100pcs per CCT for him to make the order, all CCTs available in 9080 3 step, price is 1.64$ per LED. EU, US and CA groups.

Note that the one from Convoy is sm455 (5 step), and more expensive.

If anybody is interested you can send him an email (it’s on his store front page)

Done.

Not interested yet, I have a few on order from Simon, will check them out first. I will not likely do a full-blown led-test btw.

Nichia 219F uses the same dome materials, and fails with severe damage above 4A (shattered glass). Bad news for high current, it seems.

The die looks bigger than 219F though.

Sounds interesting. Who will distribute the leds to the single addresses and how much will be the shipping?

Reshipping is from Latvia, it was 6€ last time but may be less this time because it was a small box for me, whereas the LEDs should fit in a simple envelope. Shipping from Clemence should be ~36€, unless it weight more than 250g, hopefully not with just LEDs. Fixed costs are divided pro rata between members, we’re 5 for now in EU.
I’ll ask about exact reshipping cost.

I will do a full test djozz. I’m thinking about taking IR temp measurements to determine the failure temp. Also curious how they’ll fare if dedomed prior to overdriving. I don’t have high hopes for its current capability and praying that efficacy makes up for it.

I was planning on testing it but if you do it JaredM I’ll just do the color tests.

There’s room enough for both of us. I’d rather we be able to compare data, so if it’s not a hassle, lets both try and do a lumen/Vf/amp curve. I don’t have a spectrometer at this point though

:+1: :+1:

I’m keen for the group buy, I will order 5 or so pieces

I really like the 319 in 4000k. Have a couple of Lumens Factory examples and a Quark. Seems to be a happy blending of a 219B and the SST20 to my eyes.

After several weeks of absence I was in my 2m2 hobby universe once again to test a few emitters for rngwn, and while doing that I did an output test of the 519A from Simon too. So here, without proper test thread, are my results. Mind that djozz-lumens are a bit higher than maukka-lumens, on average around 7%.

*some irregularities in the measurements around maximum output, I think the current knobs of my power supply are getting dirty over time and the current spontaneously fluctuates a little. Still it looks like the numbers are good enough.
*compared to 219b V1 4500K R9080, the max is twice as high, at 6.5A I measure 1400 djozz-lumen (219b: 700lm at 4A), and the voltage is 0.35V lower.
*compared to 90CRI Samsung LH351D (5000K was tested by maukka) it performs very similar, but with better tint and CRI.

I measured the tint in the hotspot from a small smooth reflector that I placed on the led at 2A current.
CCT= 4430 K
Duv= –0.0011
CRI= 94.4
R9= 95

Conclusion: wonderful :slight_smile:

Some pics. Next to 219B V1 4500K R9080, the package is a bit smaller. And the phosfor texture is very different, rougher which seems a trend with modern leds.

The 519A at 0.5 mA

Excellent, thank you for the test Djozz

thanks for sharing your data

IF both the sw45k and the 519a are at the same power level, what is the percent difference in output?

From your data, I calculate the 519a is 23% brighter, at the same 4A power level as sw45k… is that correct?

exactly what I was hoping for. It will go into my headlamp replacing a LH351D, which is by far my most used light (hours its on) and will benefit from nice tint and CRI the most.

thank you for testing!

Finally! 4mm class standard DTP compatible 95CRI emitter is here! And with a rosy glow :partying_face:

I’m sooo glad this can take 5A and still have breathing room. I was afraid it might fail right around 5.5, but reaching nearly 7A is wonderful. My lumen estimates at 5A where pretty spot on, and R7000 should hit ~1800 at that level and probably 2100 at 7A. These compete well with an XPL for example.

I still would love an SST40 95CRI, but this will do for now.

Thanks Djozz. I’m extra excited now for my Convoy delivery.