Nichia 519A

I wil do some surgery on the damaged emitter, it may not be before this weekend though.

Excellent table. Thanks!

These seem to run hotter than LH351D’s. I have two Convoy S2+ triples that are built with same parts. Only difference is that other uses Nichias, other Samsungs. Nichia one gets hot really fast with full power.

What driver?

H17Fx.

That’s direct drive right ? The 519A has a lower Vf so the current will be higher, generating more heat.

Play with this and you’ll see : Graphing Calculator - GeoGebra
Info : LED direct drive current calculator

1 Thank

I just measured tailcap amps with clamp meter. Nichias drew little over 16A, Samsungs 8,5A. I eyeballed forward voltages from your diagram and did some math: Nichias used about 53W and Samsungs 28W. No wonder they built heat faster.

That much lower with the LH351Ds ? Are they 70CRI (higher Vf) ?

They are 5700K’s from Convoy store. Both have 20awg led wires and brass pillar on driver instead of spring. Driver is soldered to pill in both lamps and I used same battery in both measurements. From your diagram it seems that light output is actually quite close even though Samsungs drew that much less power. Edit: Nichias are also from Convoy Store

Now I redid Samsung measurements. After a little wigling and cleaning I got 9,5A current draw.

Does anyone know the exact light emitting surface dimensions?

16 amps on a triple, that is serious current, and serious output, I guess over 3000 lumen of prettiness :slight_smile:

what will be the CCT range of the 519A?
I wish a 6500k was available in hcri
thanks.

For R9080 : 2700 to 5700K

thanks !

Yes, 519A tint mixing on an updated 21700 D4V3 would be awesome.

I swapped a 519A sw45 R9080in my bikelight, which is a Yootoo SD1. The led before was a LH351D 4000K 90CRI, so it is not a huge change. The current at max went up from 3.02A to 3.75A (apart from the led the light is stock). The beam is comparable: fine, as good as with the LH351D. The tint is a bit better now, 4300K and crisp white to the eye, CRI is between 93 and 94 at all levels, R9 is between 85 and 95. Duv is very slightly above the BBL at the two low modes, slightly under the BBL at max. Output is 700 lumen at max, I expected a bit higher.

thanks. you have a picture of the 4300/tint?.
thank you.

I do not do tint shots, they never match what I see in reality. A description IMO is closer than a picture.

true and very good.