Night Light that activates when current goes off.

Thanks Folks.
Jerry :smiley:

Let us know what you decide is good enough to get and how it works.

Hi Jerry,

I like these a lot Sunbeam LED Power Failure Night Light

Blue night light is motion activated while plugged in
and when the power goes off white light comes on automatically,

Depending on the season, price is not bad 18-22 with tax for a pack of 3, .

Hi Hank,
Sorry I blew this one as for letting you know. As it turns out another mutual friend wanted to buy her a couple and bought the ones I found at Lowes. It just plugs into a socket and comes on if the current goes out. As far as I know it works fine for them and we get few current outages here in southern NM.

Jerry

I know I’m late to the party, but……
I have multiple options that I’ve bought at various times over the years. All turn on automatically when the power cuts off. I think I got all from CostCo, but I’m providing links to Amazon.

This one has a detachable flashlight that turns on when the power goes out. Also has a nightlight built onto the base. The flashlight isn’t all that bright but lasts long enough to get the job done. I like that I can easily remove the light and take it with me, but then again, I’m never without a flashlight, even in the shower.

This one is low profile, functions as an optional night light. Can set 2 brightness levels for emergency lighting. I like it because it’s low profile, provides pass through to the outlet and the optional night light function. Easy to install. Can either plug in or use faceplate mounting screws for more “permanent” attachment. I use them in the hallways.

This one is the brightest/longest lasting of the bunch and the one I’ve owned the longest. Can be removed and used as a flashlight. 2 brightness levels. I don’t think there is a provision for nightlight. I have a few of these in the living room, one near the backdoor to be easily in reach if I have to run out there and investigate the axe murderer making all that ruckus out there. :wink:

Instead of the usual thing people do with memes where they start with an image and think up funny captions, I think this caption needs an image to go along with it.

For my own sanity, I’m choosing not to go to /r/buttlight to find a suitable image.

Well, maybe just one. Not everything there is NSFW.

I’m never without a flashlight, even in the shower.

LOL Showering will never be the same! That one must have a goofy TIR or someone’s got more than one up there… Just sayin’ :wink:

A note to readers who may have missed the pun: TIR is a type of optic and stands for “Total Internal Reflection”.

*groan*

Much as I despise AAAs (well, most things that use AAAs), I just got my first Astrolux A01, and it’s quite nice for a keychain light… or even a necklace light.

Given the 6lbs of keys I typically carry, it’d get beat to Hell in my pocket, so I’m not going to carry it that way. Still, one would make a pretty decent necklace pendant. :smiley: