Night provision tx8 version 2

Hey everyone,
Anyone have the version 2 of the np tx8? Amazon or their website does not list a lockout mode. Anyone know for sure it has lockout function? V2 has the nichia 219d 5000k. Also, what is the cri on that?

It looks like a rebranded Folomov 18650s, which should lock out via a quarter turn of the tailcap, or a triple click of the switch.

yeah, I noticed a lot of similarities with the two. but it seems like folks are having issues with the folomov with it on turbo. Looking around the forum about the night provision, seems like people that have it didnt have the issue. also seen some threads on the 219d. the cri is 70. well, I guess I will wait on my package Tuesday and test it out myself.

Nice light, how do you like it?

Package hasn’t arrived yet. Should be here on Tuesday. I can’t get any information about lock out mode. I have contacted the seller and they said it has the mode with 3 clicks but it seems like no one else can confirm that.

Edit, no lockout on the older ones. I was thinking of the folomov. But it’s just as quick and easy most of the time to just loosen the tail cap a little bit. One of mine rides in the door pocket in the vehicle. The problem with those lights is the hold for off. I think that’s mostly why Folomov never gained traction. Unless you use it in the tactical mode which is what I do. Then it’s click on, click off, high only. I don’t use them often, mostly for dirty jobs. Nice tail switch, small, but I can’t work with the normal UI.

I been carrying a fw3el model. you have to hold switch for off on that variant. same with the rovyvon I have as well. im used to having to hold to turn off. Issue I got with the fw3el, the switch is so sensitive, it turns on every now and again in my pocket. I want something that has a lock out and something that wont break the bank in a neutral white and 4 inches. this tx8 seems like it hits the mark.

when you take it off lockout will it turn on to the last intensity or on moolight?

night provision did state that there was another change, double tap for turbo on illumination mode.

I had to change my post above as there’s no lockout on the original tx8. I do seem to recall that the gray folomov 18650s had the double click for Turbo. I no longer have that because I gave it to a friend and he got so frustrated with the light it is now swimming with the fishes. I think it was the lockout feature that was causing him most of the grief. He now uses a cheap double a light.

well, I might post a new review thread for the v2 of the tx8. If there is no lock out, I guess I could just do a quarter turn of the tail cap with my fw3el if this is the case.