nitecore concept 1

All I can say is Wow, and then speechless!

sounds like my sex life

That’s it? Not good. What battery are you using?

I don’t own the light. I have the info from Taschenlampen where a store posted some info about the light.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/p10gt-concept1-srt9.56696/&usg=ALkJrhgAyIyj983TQ7C3hYWv_XpqAc1oMA

But the early stepdown makes sense, because the light is so small that it has only little possibility to dissipate the heat of the 1800 lumens led.

But they claimed 30 minutes.

Since they use the ANSI / NEMA FL1 standard, they are only claiming that after 30 minutes in turbo the light drops for the first time below 10% of it’s initial brightness, which means it drops below 180 lumens. It doesn’t say anything about maintaining the initial brightness.

In common sense STANDARD, 30 min runtime means 30 min.

Yeah, well… I can’t think of a flashlight manufacturer that does not use the ANSI standard… can’t blame Nitecore for that imho.

then it would be called continuous ;)

but i agree 100% - ANSI is sh***

Except in Concept 1 case, 30 min means 15sec.

they even write its based on theoretical arithmetic..

there is no hint to make anyone think its continuous 30 minutes on turbo ot high?

I think nitecore made a mistake here
We all know that no way can this light maintain 1800 lumen for 30 minute

…and sadly almost all the other lights currently in the market cannot maintain its Highest mode too, no surprise here at all for that matter.

No need for sad
It’s because of our technology now
Led technology is still developing fast, and it’s the future of lighting

More quotes from your cited German site translation:

800 lumens can already be held for ~ 5 minutes,
300 lumens are always possible.

Thanks for the link.

Received my Concept 1 today.

What I like:

• Very Bright
  • Good beam pattern
  • Light weight - feels good in pocket.
  • Feels good in hand
  • Adequate interface with shortcuts to min and turbo
  • Good thermal regulation. Never gets burning hot.

What I don’t like:

• The switch. It’s awful. Super-sensitive and protrudes well above the surface of the light. The very first time I put it in my pocket it turned on accidentally almost instantly. Tailcap lockout is absolutely mandatory. It also sucks because there are so many ways Nitecore could have done a better job on the switch. For example: instead of having the entire rotating panel serve as the switch, they could have had a small switch button underneath and the rotating panel would be a safety cover the user has to flip up to access the switch. It would have looked almost the same and been enormously better. I considered trying to mod the light to work like this but the tiny switch screw is threadlocked and I stripped it trying to unscrew it. If you want to remove that screw make sure to hold a soldering iron to it first to loosen the threadlocker. This is absolutely the number 1 thing wrong with this light. All the other stuff I don’t like is relatively minor, but this is a big one. In my opinion a pocket EDC should be able to be retrieved and activated easily with one hand. Since tailcap lockout is absolutely mandatory with this light one-handed operation is impossible.
  • Magnet is not removable. It’s glued in. Not everyone wants a magnet on their EDC light due to the risk of it being accidentally put in the same pocket as credit cards and demagnetizing them. A relatively minor issue as the magnet can be demagnetized by holding a soldering iron to it.
  • Clip screw threads are quite deep. But I’m not sure whether or not they penetrate all the way through the head of the light
  • Not neutral white.

Received one unit C1, I will make review this weekend, interesting design!! (To have a light like the others, there is already much to choose from. Thanks Nitecore for creating original and different lights, this is original, MT22A is original, SRT9 is original design.)
I am bored of lights that look like simple tubes

About some comments for steps:

My E14 II can maintain the Turbo (really not, but everybody can see my first minutes runtime with ºC in it), but I cannot maintain the light in my hands…… Manufacturer can offer lumens, but is necessary also responsibility at least for stock production lights……

I got mine yesterday, will try to get it in the light box and see about all this step down stuff…

Edit: Yes indeed it steps down fast, a function of thermal regulation. I charged up my Samsung 30Q button top to 4.21V and got a tail read before starting, it is pulling 7.59A off the fresh cell on turbo. Interestingly enough, after 5 minutes on the light box the light is still pulling 7.45A at the tail with the cell down to 4.08A.

It started out at 1807.8 lumens, dropped to 1407.6 within 20 seconds , to 1293.75 at 30 seconds, 986.7 at one minute, and continued to decline to a miserly 596.85 lumens at 5 minutes. The head of the light got pretty hot pretty quick, face down in my light box with a ceiling fan on overhead. Once it got there though, it gradually (to my sense of touch) cooled somewhat. So it’s the thermal regulation pulling it down and it’s set at a pretty decent point, right at the point you’d have to let go of it really.

When I checked tail amperage at the end of that 5 minute run the amperage started dropping immediately after that 7.45A showing, as it was already hot from the run.

So this light might fare very well on a cold night, not one our warm summer nights though.

I’m amazed that Nitecore didn’t add an electronic lockout to this light. The switch is more sensitive to accidental activation than any other light I’ve owned. Even more so than the Zebralight SC51.