Nitecore D11 Find

I was on Feebay as I often am , and did a search for a Nitecore D10 … As usual there was nothing . But I thought it worth while to look for a D11 .
Now I already have a D11 , and I like it a lot . But the emitter in the D11 is probably getting a little long in the tooth , and I have wanted to do a mod for a while now .
Unfortunately I like my D11 enough not to kill it . So finding what appears to be a NIB Nitecore D11 for sale ( looks like old stock ) … It’s time for an emitter upgrade …
Sorry guys , have to wait for the D11 to get here first …

Might be popping in a XP-L emitter …
First I will have to dis assemble the D11 , and see what size base I can squeeze in …

Nice, I have an EX11 v2

it looks like a classic design with a pill

the question is if it is glued or not

Hmmmm , I dont think the pill is glued …
Which is why I purchased another D11 , just in case the patient dies under the knife .

These lights are getting hard to find …

I would like to find a D10 , but they have almost a cult following …

I love that it ramps / flashy modes are hidden , and its relatively compact .
The UI is really nice , and its just a trick flashlight .
With a XP-L V6 , it might be nicer ….

I would go for a Nichia 5000K D300 CRI80 LED
the XPL HD have a noriceable tint shift

Hmmm , never been that fussy about tint … But I have wanted to try a Nichia ?
I would like to see a little more output from the D11 and a little more throw , and the XP-L in that regard

at this low current the difference between the XPL HI and Nichia is not much

the throw and lumens of XPL HI and Nichia 219C CRI80 D280 is pretty much the same

but the Nichia has better color rendering and less artifacts or tint shifts
and it is cheaper

Nichia 219C D320 5000K 70+ CRI beats the XPL HI for lumens and throw
same CRI and better dome

I have an Ex11 modded with a 219b, excellent little light. And a D11, but that one is stock.

I’m also looking for a driver replacement for D10 and wondering if D10 & D11 uses the same driver dimension.

I can’t afford nitecore’s normal prices or even typical ‘discounts’ but the ea41s I got from 264 is still one of my favorites. I still regret buying the crelant v4a I gave my mother then traded the ea41s so she would have a reliable light.

Should !

It’s here …
I might keep this one NIP ! and mod my old one …

I know this is an old thread, but this may be of interest. I have a Nitecore light with D10 on it, but it came in a D11 box. Which is it? D11 guts in a D10 housing? I don’t know. I do know that it’s form factor is fantastic and I like the ramp UI. I do have to keep it unscrewed a bit or it will suck the batt dry very quickly.

Most likely a D10 in a D11 Box …

Yeah , they suffer parasitic drain … Unscrew it a little is the way to go .

here are some differences:

The D10 driver:

1. has no shortcuts from off

2. holding the button down from off, just turns the light on

the D11 driver:

1. has SOS with double click from off

2. holding down the button from off, Locks the light (it will flash once and then the switch stops working). To unlock requires a triple click.

and here is a thread about the Nitecore Piston drive lights