Nitecore D2 question

Since there was no response to my question in a recent thread I thought I’d try a new subject.
This is my previous post.

“I just received one of these D4 along with two Nitecore 18650 2600 batteries.

These charged OK but the timer did not display any elapsed time – stared at “0”.

Then tried charging two AA Duracell Ion Core batteries.
They became very hot (could still touch them) but the heat seemed excessive.
Also – The charging process would never terminate – stayed at 4 bars with the 5th flashing. This went on for 3 hours or so until I removed the cells.
Also – The timer seemed to be counting the elapsed charge time but, at some point, it dropped to “10” and seemed to be counting down. Went to “6” and stayed there.

I’m new to this and have Fenix PD35 and LD22 flashlights. Have been using the Duracell Ion Core AA batteries and their charger with good success. Cells hold their charge and perform well. Before getting them, the LD22 would lose the turbo mode after a short time using disposable AA batteries. The Ion Core cells seem to do very well in this light. Wanted to try 18650 in the PD35 to avoid buying more CR123 batteries.

Any advice would appreciated. I’m thinking that it is just a defective charger.

Any thoughts on a different charger with similar capabilities?
Thanks”

added: The box does have the factory validation sticker on the end flap.

Did you check the voltage of the cells when you took them off the charger?

Did you check the code on nitecore’s website?

Marc.

“The code has been verified at 25-02-2015 01:02 and it is invalid.”

This was purchased thru Amazon. The packaging and charger look so good it’s hard to believe it might be a fake.
Do the counterfeit items usually look that good?

Forgot to note the voltage.

Thanks

Edit: This is the vendor - Sold by Join You and Fulfilled by Amazon.

> Banggood selling fake Nitecore charger? confirmed by Nitecore's website, if it's working.

Yeah. It’s clear there’s a problem of some kind with how that Nitecore verification code is being handled.

I posted Nitecore’s contact info in that thread after leaving them a note myself
If more people will leave a message for Nitecore and ask them to look in, maybe they’ll explain it.