Nitecore EA4 $57 from DoingOutdoor ...Aliexpress

It looks like Bill Qiao of Doingoutdoor has got one of his new stores open on Aliexpress. He doesn’t seem to have it populated with a lot of product yet, but he does have the Nitecore EA4 for $57 with free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shiping-Nitecore-EA4-CREE-XM-L-U2-LED-Flashlight-860-Lumens/803660_717346090.html

i have always had great prices and service from DoingOutdoor, and any questions have been quickly answered by Bill.

I also got mine from him at those eBay days and I can say he is a very quick and reasonable seller. I would like to follow his Aliexpress shop too.

Yes, I’ve dealt with him when he was on eBay and never had a problem. He’s no longer a registered user. I guess the eBay fees were killing him!

I’ve never used AliExpress. Is it safe to use a credit card on this site??

I’d prefer to use a US seller. They’re out there…

I’ve grown tired of the slow boat from China EXCEPT for FastTech. They (fasttech) will kick butt and I bet the majority of the Forum willl be using FastlTech for the majority of most purchases….other chinese vendors can and will take a hike.

Of course there are some deals out there that you just can’t turn down and you are willing to wait on the slow boat.

It works the same way as eBay. You set up an account with your credit card and your payments to the various stores go through Aliexpress like PayPal . The store you are purchasing from never sees your credit card number.

I wont use Aliexpress because I got stung there with every order I made, but it is different vendors and this guy is pretty reputable from what I have heard.

Also eBay favours the buyer and Aliexpress favours the seller when any disputes arise, unless you have a very honest seller if something doesn’t turn out then your money is as good as gone.

People are people, stores are stores, some are good, some are bad, some are on eBay, some are on Aliexpress.
Take your eyes off the prices, and pay attention to the customer ratings.

I guess you didn’t click the post I was referring to.

The first 2 lines:

I am a very weary buyer, I will examine every seller very carefully and I don’t go for too good to be true deals either.

It’s not just me that won’t buy from Aliexpress, its a well known home for scammers that take advantage of how the system works in the sellers favour.

I’m not saying anyone will have trouble with this purchase, I already stated he was a reputable seller from what I have read on here.

I think when your ordering from China, it’s not just a matter of who you buy from as what what kind of product you’re buying. I generally stay away from electronics and computer related stuff unless its something silly like 50 LED key chain lights for $10 to give away.

I understand caveat emptor and all that; my real concern was use of my credit card.

Has anyone ever had their credit card number used for unauthorized purchases after using Aliexpress?

It’s the same system as when you give your credit card number to PayPal. It’s called buyer protection.
http://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/overview.html

I have placed several orders to aliexpress.com. No problem happened so far!

I do not recommend Aliexpress, but if the seller is known than it is OK.
Because the sellers tries to cheat you, I have got a completely different product, but shape was similar.
If Aliexpress favors sellers than it is better to keep away from them.

I guess I will find out :open_mouth: . I just ordered a knife from Doing Outdoor at his new AliExpress store. I used a temporary credit card # that my bank will let me quickly create online for each purchase where I don’t want to give my regular card #. The max I can get ripped off for is the amount of the purchase since the temp card # is only valid for that purchase.

At the same time I bought a couple other knives from Exduct…the race is on from Hong Kong! :party:

I seem to recall - Ouchyfoot correct me if I’m wrong - that Doing Outdoors is also setting up his own website, so if folks are wary of using Aliexpress, then buying direct when that opens may be the route to go.

Bill still doesn’t ship Keeppower cells to the UK though - don’t know quite why he stopped, but I’d certainly use him again (and the deal on the Jetbeam RRT01 at $72 is very tempting).

Yes. As far as I know bill is setting up a brand new store. I think the Aliexpress store is just so he can service his customers until its ready to go. It’s not like he’s physically moved anywhere, it’s just a different place for you to order from.

When I was doing buisness with this guy he went by Andy. He was the same guy that owns Crelant.

Mmm. I don’t know. He’s never ever even stocked Crelant as long as I’ve been dealing with him.

He had another username as olight something. He also was doingoutdoor as well. He went by Andy when I dealt with him. He has his own website in China, and he sent me a picture of the flashlight that he was introducing at the time before it came out and it was a picture of the Crelant 7G5 original version.