Nitecore EC11 (CR123/IMR 18350 light) - Off line now :-)

Just got mine! Finally! Very excited with this light.

Overall it’s a very2 nice light, good build quality, and very bright!

BTW, I really think that the moonlight mode is more than 1 lumen….and that would explain why the runtime on it is very short…

Can anyone confirm the lumen output of the moonlight mode??

I’m pleasantly surprised that my Efest 18350 flat top battery works on this light!

This light is excellent as it is! It provides a very high output with excellent controls/UI and small form factor. Yes it will go thru the battery quickly if run on high for any time. If you want long run times get an 18650 light, or 2x 18650 or 4x 18650. That is not what this light is for. It is a small pocketable light that can always be carried no matter what you are wearing. By the way, It favorably compares with a custom I have that is over 3 times the cost. It really is a very nice little light (and affordable). The fact it can run on cr123s that are obtainable anywhere (albeit at a lower max output) is a big bonus.
If you feel the need to use 14500s, buy the EA11.

+ 1…CUL8R 8)

I was thinking of CPF. Deleting ones post and another once it is quoted[cemented in] can NOT be done

Though the EC11 and EA11 share the same Head, do they share the same Driver?

The EA11 and EC11 are both happy with 3.7 volt sources, but…

…the EC11 has to cope with the 3 volt CR123 primaries, while the EA11 has to cope with 1.2 volt Eneloops.

So - The EC11 (with body extension) will run on 14500 for sure, but will it also run on an AA Eneloop like the EA11 will?

Just wondering…

Thanks,
-Chuck

WISDOM SPEAKS, KNOWLEDGE LISTENS,Jimi Hendrix :bigsmile:

smaller lights has become BLF's self appointed censor.

Till now he has been editing & deleting his own posts long after they been posted, NOW he is doing the same to other member's posts.

Hmmmm, censorship AGAIN?!!

You Boys are acting like 30yr olds.

Act your age!

-Grandpa

Chuck,didn’t you mean 3 Year olds!!!
,now I am acting childish!

received today with batteries

What does she measure?

Thanks,
-Chuck

I just got my EC11 today from BG. I ordered AW button top but received flat top batteries. Much to my surprise, they work!

Yeah same here, My Efest purple flat tops works!

this is a really nice light - going to swap to xml2 4500k and it will be perfect :slight_smile:

Justin,

Would that be a 4C or 4D?

Just curious as to where along the BBL folks think is “perfect”.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Considering that a lot of people on here complain about “yucky green” tints, I’d guess below the BBL would please them more. So, the 4A or 4D, possibly. Don’t ask me, though, because 4500K is too warm for my taste. 5000K is about the warmest I can stand to use on a regular basis.