nitecore intellicharge i4 poof

i gotta thank everyone here for warning me off this charger

It actually is a really good charger, and inspite of the issue I had I went and got another one immediately, I’d never go back to my cheap Chinese chargers after measuring voltage at 4.5A on one occasion. The I4 is great, maybe fragile or maybe some very good counterfeits out there, but when it works it does so flawlessly in my experience.

Well, the seller got in contact today, shipping the unit back for store credit, undecided now on ordering another i4 or some other charger, I shall do some pondering.

Un-case anyone was interested, it was fasttech I was dealing with, I’m satisfied with their c/s. Professional, quick to respond and quick to offer a resolution that suited us both. I don’t think you can say fairer than that.

That’s for AC voltage. It will use you for the ground. DC doesn’t function that way. These chargers take AC input, but they output DC current to the batteries. You definitely shouldn’t feel anything from touching one of the charging terminals. Unless something is wrong with the charger, which it appears was the case.

Nitcore makes crap

Try an accucel 6 from hobby king (i have an accucel 8)

Thoughts on this? Buyer beware: HobbyKing Turnigy Accucell 6

I got mine from Sierra RC, there's a thread about it here.

Absolutely great company and they got it to me just 2 days after I ordered it. :D

Of another opinion, nitEcore makes good stuff :wink:

The chargers on it’s way back to china. Given it blew up after charging two cells and in light of recent events. I wont be buying anything nitecore again. I already have a hobby charger so perhaps I should have a play with that and just get some more two bay chargers.

I had a brand new i4 arrive yesterday along with some new AW 18650 cells and a nitecore smilodon.

The i4 popped and let out the dreaded magic smoke within 45 minutes of charging 3 cells. :/

That would be similar to my experience. Topped up a couple of aa cells, an 18650 then flash pop. I’m beginning to suspect a bad batch tbh

I have two I4’s. One from Nitecore direct in the UK and one from Wallbuys.

I chuck batteries in when it is powered up or not powered up. I sometimes leave cells in and just flick it on an hour before using them.

I think you just had a duff one.

I think so too chris. Disappointed but there you go, since I dont desperately need the dual charging function at the moment, I’ll get another li-ion charger and get a decent nimh charger if I get some nimh based lights.

where did you get it from?

any concern that the smilodon is a fake?

what about an xtar wp6 ii?

ive been reading up on them - debating getting one to replace my cheap ultrafire and intl outdoor chargers and to charge groups of 4 and 6 cells at a time… other than the “fake” ones floating around anyone have any issues?

ebay has them from sbflashlights for $32.48 shipped…

as far as the hobby king customer service - i have never used it, but i am not surprised that it sucks… their return policy is crap as well

It’s funny, just been looking at a wp6 from an English vender for 25 quid. I might just plump for one. I have a good tr006 for high capacity cells, the wp6 would possibly be quite usefull for charging up my weekly use 18650 cells.

any linky to xtar wp6??

thanks

There you go, there’s likely better prices, just that being in England is good for me.

The WP6 I got had different termination levels for each channel, they ranged from 4.11 to 4.25.

eeeeew.