Nitecore P26. This is kinda AMAZING to me...........

That is, that there was not ONE reply to this review for what is a pretty radical rotary switch design format.

Now IMO this switch would’ve knocked it outta the park had it not been infinitely variable but instead had click stops from said 0.5 lumens up to its 1,000 lumen max. Then to really hit the grand slammer also to have a momentary button function in the center of that rotary.

Hells bells, near $2.00 flashes get reviews and replies here. :person_facepalming: :laughing:

Funny, your post is not commenting the review as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok. It’s a good review! :beer:

I guess sometimes we get overwhelmed by the amount of reviews that we have on the forum, which is a good thing, I think, despite once in a while there are dozens of reviews of the same lights/chargers. That leads to what happend with stephenk’s review: it went through the pages without being noticed.

IMO - and despite I understand the reason why you’ve done this thread - the best way to get the review and the reviewer’s work noticed is to go to the review page and say that it is a good/bad/so so review or to give it a bump! :+1:

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up on it :wink: As I said, it went throughout the pages and I didn’t noticed it :person_facepalming:

Yah mine could use comments also lol. Its a bit like that around here some times you get feedback and other times its only crickets.

Now onto the P26 Its a great light its built really well and is well thought out. The rotary switch is okay but if you go to close to the max it turns on blinky mode before actually clicking into the blinky mode.

I like it but i dont love it?

Its like its built the way i should want a light to be? The concept 1 is a pain in the arse almost gave me 3rd degree burns but yet i would chose that light over the P26 damn i would even chose the new style C8. Its like the P26 is to clinical for me? I love tactical style lights they makes me feel like a kid but this one didn’t do it for me.
Its an awesome light its better built then the concept 1 more practical then the concept 1 but i just don.t know.

I bought one of these in 2014 and to this day when i pick it up it makes me smile its a cool looking light it has some thing the P26 doesn’t.

Did you find that the rotary switch turned on you too easily when it was in your pocket or let’s say a holster?

I’m thinking of getting one of these and maybe find someway to make going into strobe harder to do. It looks like strobe comes on before the dial is turned all the way clockwise.

Nah if any thing the rotary is hard to turn but i guess with use it will loosen up. I put some oil on mine it helps it made it easier to be more precise when choosing an output. The switch is super grippy but its in a place it doesn’t interfere with stuff.

I think clockwise is lower and anti clockwise is higher. The strobe sits above highest output. I think strobe would be best being hidden some how.

Just on the 18650 Review sub-category, I count 8 threads on the first page with zero comments on them. So you’re not alone on having no replies.

• There are a lot of flashlights
  • There are a lot of reviews
  • Not everything you do in life will go on the fridge or get a super-duper-star-sticker

Thank you for your review. :beer:

The rotary switch is actually pretty stiff, you aren’t going to turn it accidentally. It would be nice if there was detent to indicate you were about to go to strobe. As it stands, it suddenly goes to Strobe when you turn the dial too far.

Oh. That’s sketchy design thinking on Nitecore’s part. If you turn a dial without detents then how are you supposed to know when to stop? Partial solution: etch the dial to show when it’s too far before it hits strobe. If you’re turning it in the dark though, good luck. Unless you mark it up with glow in the dark paint I guess.

Then there’s the other glaring mess up. Counter-clockwise to INCREASE output? Whoever heard of such a thing. Standard industry practice AFAIK for potentiometer arrangements is clockwise to increase output.

What in Jumpin’ Jehosaphat was Nitecore thinking? I mean I’m trying like crazy to get behind their logic here.

This COULD have been one HELLUVA great flash. Now I’ll have to wait until Nitecore gets its act together with an improved version.

:disguised_face: