Nitecore P36

My charger charges only 2 batteries at a time. And yes, a round body to hold 3 x 18650’s would be significantly wider.

"looking for" being the operative term. Don't go thinking they just invented the idea.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWWcSgLQ6S4
Jun 26, 2013 - Uploaded by CryosIllumination
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/function-flashlight-triple-emitter-1600-lumen/x/ 3130769 The ...

Less than 10% is not significant in my book. 50% battery increase is though…

Cells- Diameter
1 18.000
2 36.000
3 38.790
4 43.452

It’s the body diameter that matters though.

I do not believe the main body would only need to be 10% wider to allow an extra cell. Something like an Olight SR52 is much wider.

According to online specs, the tail diameter of the P36 is 42mm while the tail diameter of the SR52 is 47.9mm and the body diameter of the SR52 is 45.4mm.

Not the tail. The body. It’s one cell wide and two cells deep. The tail cap is wider for better tail standing.

I just bought one. There’s a good deal on it. PM me for info.

So has anyone else took the plunge? Or did I make a poor decision?

I went for one of these also, so dont freak. To me the ability to go from 2-2000 lumens is huge. Plus I cant wait for the cool color rendering. I fact I am working on converting two generic units to run MT-G2 emitters. The big question is how best to drive them?

I’ve been anxiously awaiting this light. The tracking info finally said it’s in the US. I’m hoping I’ll have it by monday or tuesday. Ordered it on the 6th.

did u get it from Andrew and Amanda? $89.

Well mine finally has shone up. “Get it” :wink:

“review” to follow in seperate post.

The short version is the narrow body is very easy to hold. The UI is super well thought out and having 10 steps from 2-2000 simply makes selecting the prefered brightness level a total non-issue. It’s so much better then having to cycle through a few fixed modes, much faster also.

Oh and the beam looks “warm” at night and “cool” during the day, some might call that perfect?

Looking forward to your review.

I ordered one from Banggood 2 weeks ago and the tracking shows the light hasn’t even left China yet.

I ordered on December 6th and received it on December 31st So that’s about 25 days to my door. I’d say that’s about average shipping from china.

I agree. My only problems with it are using the quick access feature to get to high or low only seems to work 70% of the time. Also the positive contacts on the battery holder are recessed and need narrow button tops. Nothing a little bit of solder couldn’t fix though.

My early 3-xml SRK Just barely beats it out in brightness and throw. That could just be that the P36 has a neutral tint compared to the skyray.

Selfbuilt just reviewed it.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?398384 :expressionless:

I cant wait to save up and buy mine!!