Nitecore TINI

Im sure you are always carring several batteries (mobile phone, power bank, e-sig etc.). So small capacity is not problem (claimed that it works with external power).

This type of light has come to be the “wait for the masses to review” before even considering. mehhhhhhhhhh

well no usually thats why i think the runtime on turbo is a bit low.

On paper, it looks like a fantastic keychain light. But… it’s a nitcore so I don’t trust it. Source : on the 11 Nitecore I had over the last 8-9 years, only 3 are still working perfectly… (EZ AAw, EZ CR2 and a SENS Mini… That’s it).

I actually kind of like it - for my wife’s keychain. :smiling_imp: (My keyring is keys only, the flashlight(s) just go in my pocket with them, I don’t like having them attached.)

I like the fact it’s aluminum, not plastic. Torx screws suggests it isn’t glued together, so it will disassemble easily. I’d like to see inside one and see if emitter swaps will be easy, I can think of a couple swaps I’d prefer.

edit: also wonder if the optic is standard size - swapping in a small spot type of optic would be kind of fun, get some throw out of it (even if it makes it less useful as a keyring light, lol).

edit edit: would also like to see the circuit board to see if a sense resistor swap could bump the output.

Summary: someone needs to buy this light and do a teardown.

280mAh :frowning: too bad they made it so small

yea its weird, sure its smaller then tip but i dont find tip big at all, i mean 20 lumens more hardly anyone will notice but the actual runtime in real life is probably 10 min or so… not that useful. Tip is so much better…

yes but this has a really nice cool factor for the keychain

My Tini has nearly died. Mode change switch electrically locks up. Several days ago I was woken up twice during a single night with a burning sensation on my chest. Tini has momentary Turbo which turned to unstoppable Turbo. Thermal protection worked and it was not dangerous, but quite uncomfortable and made me decide it’s enough.

I remember seeing another member complaining about switch issues.

So…I have extremely mixed feelings about Tini:

• As capable as most 10440 lights with half size / weight and built-in charger. LOVE.
  • Hate the UI
  • It worked only a quarter or so