Nitecore TM16

How much candela have you measured?

I find that hard to believe; they’re spec’d nearly identical as far as throw is concerned.

According to M4D M4X beamshots thread, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34689:

Even the M43 meteor out throws the TM16:

M43

TM16

I would guess that he wasn't using Turbo, or he may have mislabeled the picture in the long distance beamshot. It shows it barely outthrowing the TM06 (28kcd). That is nowhere near 120kcd and he measures 135kcd on high drain cells so it certainly isn't underperforming.

Mouseover TM06, Mouseout "TM16"

Something is almost certainly messed up. The Dedomed M43 is around 70kcd.

Mouseover M43, Mouseout "TM16"

The non-zoomed beamshot is a bit closer to what I would expect.

Mouseover M43, Mouseout "TM16"

Edit: The second picture in your post is labeled the K40M btw.

i always switched the TM16 on holding the mode button to get directly to turbo….

mixing up the pictures is not impossible i am afraid.

but in real the TM16 was not that bad - maybe the fog is “eating“ more of the CW than the warmer tints?

i also didn’t expect the meteor to throw that good

how about the second set of my pictures?

The medium distance looks better. I'd still expect a bit more difference in the hotspot intensity with almost double the throw. With the long range perhaps a variable changed somewhere? Idk. Doesn't look right to me. /shrug

M43 out, Tm16 over

The X60 has a bit more throw on paper(~9%), but comparatively looks night and day in the long range:

x60 out, tm16 over

well - i have to repeat them to see if i or nitecore messed up…

thanks for pointing that out!

Cool white tints will indeed light up fog in the air more than warm white. I’ve talked to a firefighter about this and he said it’s even more noticeable in a smoke filled room.

I’ll see if I can remember to snag some beamshots later this week. BTU shocker vs TM16, maybe some others.