Nitecore tube vs Manker Boney.

So I’m looking for a key chain light and I’m sick of the Maglite Solitaire, not because it’s only 2 lumens but because the tail cap keeps unscrewing itself and luckily the torch ends up in my pocket, but will get lost one day, so what to replace it with?

I have been looking at the Nitecore tube and the Manker boney mainly because they are cheap. But I want other suggestions. I suppose the Hugsby xp1 should be in there but what else?

Thanks,

Marc.

Kaidomain Buckle V6

But you are opening a can of worms. How do you use the light mainly? Would you like more capacity so you can use the light more? If so, some of the AA models are small enough for keychain use…

The Standard BLF answer, buy them all….

That’s the thing really, I use it more as a keyring than a light having said that that’s because the Maglite is useless as a light.

I would say I would want as much light as the Manker, minimum, and No more than the output of the Nitecore, a little more wouldn’t harm but if I need 300+ lumen I’ll pick up a real torch to take with me.

I do not have the tube, it has a lot if good features though and may be the most versatile. I have the Boney, and like I for what it is, durable. If you get an AAA replacement for the solitaire, buy some of the AAA L92 lithium primary batteries for it, no leaking and they run longer.

If your budget can afford it, all three together are about $20. You can always give away the extras, or stash them in the car, etc….

Let us know what you get…

I may get the boney and the tube. If I do get the boney it will run on an eneloop.

How do you find the brightness of it?

Marc.

The Boney has much more light than the Solitaire, but once again, you are about to shift your baselines on small lights.

HERE is my Boney review

If you get a Boney and never log on to this or any other flashlight forum, you will be very happy…. Until that “what if it was a bit brighter” thought creeps in…

I would get the Tube if I was limited to just one, and I really like the Boney. The tube is more versatile and never needs a battery. Thankfully all of these lights are cheap and fun to buy and experiment with…

The M@g AAA LED conversion dropins are unconscionably expensive, but they do OK.
solitaire AAA LED conversion - Google Search and do image search on that

I own 2 Nitecore Tubes in Clear, one on each of my keychains. I love them! They've been durable so far, and bright enough for their purpose.. Also, they're light and not bulky, which is a big plus for me

Quite a plus for me is the fact that they do look like a keyring fob. Light and flat. I like the manker but I thinK the Nitecore is more interesting has more features and puts out more light. Think I may have made my mind up.

Plus the fact they have decent battery life on a charge, and they're cheap enough. I highly recommend one, or two :)

BTW, I bought a few for friends, they love them as well. All you need is a micro USB cable and you're in like flint :)

Yeah got loads of them leads. Gunner get one now.

By the way like that black monster in the other thread, I have an orange one, cracking watch, but I don’t wear it much now.

Marc.

Thank you, but banggood is cheaper for the Nitecore and the other two don’t seem very suitable.

Marc

6.99 and 7.39 at gearbest.

We checked their price just now.
We have to admit that GB is cheaper than us about Nitecore Tube.
Please kindly notice that price is not the only consider for a dealer.
The service is also an option.
We won’t tell you who is the best, but choose the fittest, right?
Thank you

well i posted the price of both yesterday
but after 5 minutes o deleted it because of the spam accusations against me in the past…

i think since the op asks for help telling him where his asked lights are available is not spam?
or is it?

short: the tube can be bought for 6.50 and 5.50 for the boney
blf members may ask me for the codes :wink:

For what it’s worth I have never looked at your posts as spam. They are honest, you are offering a code and getting a small fee. That’s fine by me.

Just for the record, I don’t think light castle is spamming either really.

Now send me both them codes I need one of each
:wink:

Marc

I cannot speak for the other lights mentioned above except for Nitecore Tube.
I won it in LightsCastle guessing game (thanks again LightsCastle) :slight_smile:

UI is great and light fits perfectly on a key chain, you barely notice its there! Micro usb for charging is nice feature.

I have just ordered one. Still fancy a Manker but I don’t have enough keys for all the lights. :wink:

Marc

Yeah, me too, just one key chain :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll like Tube.
Nitecore is producing some nice lights lately, just today I received MH20.
I’m happy with that light too… Don’t know whats next… :slight_smile:

Well I ordered an Olight warrior 2 days ago so I think that will do for a while.

Did I say while? I meant week :wink: