NiteFighter F30B - Any reviews of it?

Review in BG:

“I am very surprised by this light! Feels absolutely amazing. The coating is half-matte and feels velvet-like. The LED-color is not the usual ultra-cold-white but a neutral white tint - around 5200K (a bit cooler than a XM-L2 3B). Longer cells like the Samsung 26F barely fit - they connect but then the switch is hard (or not) to press. The LED sits on a 25mm MCPCB in an integrated pill (no hole). THermal paste is used. Over all one of the best low-budget lights I’ve ever bought (and I have around 55 flashlights right now…)”

I also ordered :slight_smile: Good tint for scalping? Probably

What if I say to you, that that review was written by me? :wink:

That light is very good for the price.
The color of the Tailcap doesn’t fit that of the body 100%, but it’s OK.

The Reflector sits straight on toe MCPCB - If you use a spacer, the focus gets fu*ked up. It is centered pretty well.

Believe as you show 55 flashlights :slight_smile:
It’s good tint for me, because I don’t like warm light.
Where it is larger reflector, in F30B or C8?

I’m not at home atm - I will answer you on wednesday.

But just from my memory, the reflector is as wide as a C8 but not as deep.
The beam is also not so thin (which I like)

Comparable to the Lumintop SD10

How is the UI on this one? Anyway it’s a very good looking flashlight indeed!

I got one of these in on a good price from BangGood, US warehouse. It's a nice quality light overall for the price. Head diameter is slightly wider than an X6 or D80, but has the wider I.D. reflector, like the D80 has, maybe 5 mm wider than an X6, so it's theoretically a better light for throw vs. an X6.

Couple things:

• Mitko mentioned here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/33641, the body tube is glued to the head, but on mine, that's not the case - came unthreaded easy, but it's beefy driver retaining ring seems impossible to budge. I hope it's not reverse threaded because if so, I really tightened the heck out of mine then. At this point after working on it for a while, I think there's no other choice but to start drilling/cutting it off.
  • the MCPCB appears to be a non-standard 25 mm size, but might be able to fit a MaxToch 26 mm in there.
  • the lumens readings are sub-par at about 500-600, but throws pretty good for such a low lumens output, think about 20 kcd. Id suspect an XM-L2 T6 at best, maybe lower
  • tail readings are about 2.6A on a good cell
  • It's got a long reset time to start back at mode #1 (hi), like 20 secs or so. Any sooner clicks will be next mode
  • the tailcap threading doesn't appear to be square but they feel like quality threads - smooth

If anyone else has this light and attempted to get to the driver and/or did any modding, please post here. Thanks!

I have one. I haven’t found a better light for cheaper. Just a simple and tough little light.

+1, totally agree. Great deal at $13 wit BLF code @BangGood, compared to an X6 or D80, because this is very close in quality and performance.

I have some ??’s
1—I think I read somewhere that the name of this
flashlight and/or it’s manufacturing company was
changed. Does anybody know anything positive
about that name change ?

2—The BG ad states 2000 Lm.—Anyone have a idea
what the actual lumens output is ?

3—What is the BLF code for BG ?—(PM me)

Thanks , Mike

1--I think I read somewhere that the name of this flashlight and/or it's manufacturing company was changed. Does anybody know anything positive about that name change?

--> No - it could be sold under another name, like almost all the other flashlights, but I'm not aware of a change, but the manufacturer's name is pretty meaningless - no telling who made it, and even if the name is the same, doesn't mean it's made by the same factory/location/person, etc. Names, style, quality can change day to day it seems like.

2--The BG ad states 2000 Lm.--Anyone have a idea what the actual lumens output is ?

--> Total lie as usual - that's in Chinese lumens . For real OTF lumens, see my post #19 above. They do say 2000 lumens (MAX), so, maybe measuring the flashlight's output in lumens out in space at -270 Celsius, it might actually measure 2000 lumens? Even mine may be better or worse than average, but gives you an idea from one recent sample from BG at least.

3--What is the BLF code for BG ?--(PM me)

--> The BLF code is "BLF" without the quotes - try it. It's 8% off, no secret, well published around here.

Seriously though, the sooner you order from BG/USA, the better chance you'll get one of the same quality/performance as mine (same batch). Overall it's a pretty good deal. Right now, it doesn't look so good for modding because I can't get the driver retaining ring off yet -- could be my one piece or could be something stupid I'm doing, but it's a problem for me none-the-less considering I've taken apart/modded maybe 100 or more different designed flashlights or so, and occasionally run into a light that is glued up excessively at some threaded connection.

Tom E , Your reply’s very helpful and quick ! Happy New Year
and Thanks, Mike

I think this thread was what was being referred to: Revtronic's Deals ----ONlY USD17.99 for 800lumens flashlight+2600mAh battery+4.2V 600mA Charger

Sorry Mike, TGIF, I'm a bit silly today .

I do like it comes on Hi though as a default - at least when you pick it up, turn it ON, you know how it will be on max output, then 1/2 clicks will knock it down somewhat before getting into the blinkies - not bad for a budget stock UI.

Ahh - k, then NiteFighter as a name on the F30B will be history... I did read that thread but totally forgot. Usually I post and forget, or buy and forget... Well I just forget mostly .

pilotdog68 : Yes this is what I read about the name change stuff !
I couldn’t remember where or when I saw it. What do you think
about this light ?

Tom E , It’s just like me. I thought I was dreaming about
the name change. We all have the DRS syndrome at times.
Oh , DRS stands for ” Don’t Remember S**t” !! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Since no one posted about getting the driver retaining ring off, I worked on it more, and got it off. Turns out it is reverse threaded. Used a milling bit in my bench drill press to machine a break in the ring, then, of course, realized there's no glue - it's simply reverse threaded - CW to loosen Frown.

After metal chisels, hammering, etc., I certainly got it really tight!

This is after getting it out:

After cleaning it up to re-use. It re-threads back on fine:

The driver is nothing too special. Uses a pair of 0.43 ohm current limiting resistors on the LED+ side, and a small FET with a gate resistor on the LED- side, and typical D1 diode and C1 cap. The small cap and resistor on the right are probably for detecting OFF time. Pretty simple, straight forward design:

here you can see the reflector compared to an X6 and D80:

The F30B has the biggest I.D. and biggest depth - should be able to throw better than a X6 for sure.

The stock LED MCPCB is 25 mm but looks like there's room for a 26mm, and doesn't use an alignment piece for the LED, more or less some tape padding, like the original X6's:

Tom were you ever able to mod your f30b? If so, what did u do to it and numbers please?

Yes! Came out real nice, actually. I'll try to find the #'s.

Mods: U3 3D (domed) on MaxToch 26mm, MtnE 22 mm FET only driver, w/ATtiny25 with my custom firmware, 18 AWG wires, 38.0 mm UCLp.

Results:

Sam 30Q @4.22v, 4.34A (clamp meter), lumens: 1,401 @start, 1,346 @30 secs, 45 kcd (measured at 5m)

Some pics of the mod, not sure if I posted anywhere, but actually don't have much on it:

Hello Tom E, I’m curious about this light and I have some ??’s
1-Is it still made and for sale somewhere under a different brand name / model # ?
2-What did you think of it , in the stock form ?—( Lumens , Throw , etc.)
3-What’s the size comparison to a C8 ?
4-What would you charge to build another one ?

Thanks