Nitefire NFT-90 9x XM-L Light - Need help with the driver

The stock driver in one of my lights pulled 6.7A from fresh u.p.TFs, but died soon, the other would not pull more than 5.8A from same batteries. That is why I tried the 9A buck driver, to replace the dead one.

Wow GBD - sounds a bit scary. Inconsistencies, and dangerous ones at that. Chances are the light was not designed in it's stock form to run that high, so the driver dying isn't surprising.

Well here you are. This thing is sick. It´s possible that i could not meassure higher currents because of my DMM´s wires. More it more i understand why it is obviously designed for unprotected batteries. With protected batteries you can´t screw the tailcap on completely. Even shorter Flat-Tops don´t fit. So with unprotected cells i think this thing is a killer. The only thing is i´m a bit afraid of unprotected batteries. Especially three of them in series…. :~
Another thing is how long it will last….

That sounds interesting but it doesn´t matter if i take out the batteries for a longer time or not. The light always turns on in the next mode… :Sp