Noctigon K1 info / review

Lol exactly, it’ll be fantastic if on a single cell it can maintain >2000lm for very long at all.

No ZL gets anywhere close to 2500lm on an XHP35 because they don’t overdrive their emitters hard.

Indeed.

Most notably the waiting for a 21700 version is a very interesting one.

This is already the 21700 version.
It would look a lot better with a 26650 battery tube though.
The “handle” looks a bit flimsy with that big head.

I love the style of the design because of the slimmer battery tube and large head. I would not have bought it had there been a 26650 sized battery tube.

Mine has been sitting at JFK since the 16th. Frustrated because I ordered my D4V2 at the same time, they shipped together and traveled side by side with 4px. Then my D4 continued and arrived, while my K1 hasn’t moved……

Oh, okay.
I had the same ‘objection’ to the D1S at the time.
But since the 21700 came along, the 26650 size has become a bit obsolete anyway, unless some nice 7000mAh cells will join the scene at some point, justifying the size.

26650 is not obsolete. Dont be fooled by the mah on paper. The Shockli or Vapcell 5500mah 26650 will give you about 1,300mah in real world usage over the 5,000mah rated Samsung 50E, which is the highest capacity 21700 on the market. Test/review of Vapcell INR26650 5500mAh (Red) 2019

Acebeam’s protected 21700 cells are rated at 5100mAh and max current of 20A. This is much better than the Samsung 50E, though it is quite a bit more expensive and won’t fit in some lights with shorter battery tubes.

It will be interesting to see how the xhp35 version compares to the new Acebeam T28 (1300m, 422500 cd,83mm head).

My guess is the K1 xhp35 Will be about 350000cd.

That's because it's easy to write big shiny numbers on a wrapper. Acebeam does not manufacture cells - Samsung does (and their numbers are usually not fake).

Indeed. There are some tests of Acebeam cells around and they are just regular 4800 mAh low-discharge cells.
The best 21700 are probably Molicel M50A - but they seem to be unobtainable. Other than this - probably Panasonic NCR21700A. Better than 50E except for minuscule currents.

As to 26650 being outdated - I don’t feel so, though the advantage that they offer over 21700 is lower than I wish it was.
However I would really like to see more use of 26800.

I wish I had some use for this flashlight to justify buying it. Too bad its not really EDCable for me and I already have many lights. Its a great concept for a light and something I might one day add to my collection. I am a bit interrested thou, does anyone have a good example of real life use where you really benefit from beam this narrow? I’m really curious what occupations activities benefit from it.

I own about 6 of the Acebeam 21700. Im out of town right now so cant check my records but I remeber they were mostly exactly 5000mah. Pretty sure they are rewraps of the Samsung 50E or LG M50. The best high capacity 21700 as mentioned above is the Molicel M50A and the Lishen LR2170SC. Both are unavailable to end consumers. We’ve been asking rewrappers like Vapcell to try getting these. In the meantime, the highest capacity available is the Samsung 50E which is much less capacity and lower current than the Shockli and Vapcell 5500mah under real world usage in flashlights

I am confused, which Shockli are you referring to?
Also, the 50E has ‘much less’ capacity compared to the Vapcell 5500mah? I assume that your comparison refers to like sized loads…?
And lastly, the Vapcell 5500mah is 10 percent higher mah, but…isn’t it a 26650 cell?

I am confused enough as it is….

But it’s an apples to oranges comparison as the Shockli 26650 is a much higher output cell and is used far differently than a 50E.

In my testing in an extreme draw light the Golisi is the best in class, but the 30T and 40T far exceed what any 26650 I tested are capable of. My test was in Ham’r, my 17 emitter modification to a Q8. One cell powering 17 emitters, the 40T gives the most current at 32A. The Golisi 26650 was even bested by the Samsung25S 18650. These are absolute power tests though, and for a light like the K1 using a limited current to the White Flat the 50E excels because of the parameters established by the emitter.

Please see my previous post and the link in there. On paper the difference is 500mah but at 10A or higher loads, especially if you like to use turbo in lights like the MT07, the difference is 1,300mah or more. Therefore I dont see 26650 as being obsolete

Edit: Even at low currents, I believe it is 1A that my Xtar Dragon test batteries at, the many 50E and Vapcell/Shockli 26650 I tested averages 1,000mah higher than the 50E

But compared to a Molicel INR21700-P42A 4000mAh - 45A, which isn’t even expensive from where i’m sitting…

I’m well aware that Acebeam doesn’t manufacture Li-ion cells. I was referring more to the current handling than the capacity. I don’t know what kind of cell is under the wrapper and I’ve never seen any tests done of the current capabilities of this battery. I’d be very interested to see that data. It’s silly that they’d slap a 20A rated protection circuit on a cell with a max current under 10A, but from a marketing standpoint it wouldn’t surprise me at all. I only have one of these cells that came with my W30 and gets used in that light. My other 21700 lights get the Samsung 50E.

On a relevant note, does anyone know what the max battery length is for the K1?

Here is some data. I remembered it wrong, it’s 5000 mAh cell.

Some brands like AWT take a “burst” rating and proudly display it as the overall max drain of the cell on the wrapper. :rage: