NOW 70% OFF COUPON!! DIY TorchLite 2x26650 XM-L, SST-90, SST-50 etc Host!

Still the ONLY place AFAIK

I need to order more.

I’ve ruined FIVE of them. That’s right…over $100 dollar down the tubes. Well…lots of knowlege gained lol.

4 will still be usable - they put out a crazy blue/UV light (no dome or phosphor) that charges glow stuff so fast that its unbelievable. I wonder if they’d make good scorpion finders.

They’ll go in my boat…. 2s2p = 12V. I have a lot of glow paint in my boat…when it is charged it puts out enough light to see when night fishing, and these will charge it in seconds 8)

Yeesh. I checked Mouser, DigiKey, Farnell, Arrow, etc. None of them have the MT-G2. Some folks have it on ePay, but look to be about as expensive as Cutter.

Thats an excellent description of a beam shot, just about nails it (who needs a photo?) :wink:

With the ledil reflector Im using, it throws about 400m but floods about 395m and with a lovely tint too! Epic stuff, just makes me grin every time I fire it up and sweep the wall of light across the fields….wish I’d bought more

I’m still hankering after that reflector I found and a hunk of aluminium.

shame I’m trying to buy a house so mods will have to go on the back burner. :smiley:

that reflector is awesome, thanks for posting.
and I like the description of the beam clinches it, I’m going to have to buy one.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. 20mmm PCB 6V 90CRI versions are now available in 3000k & 4000k but with a considerable drop in flux. Still a nice CRI to consider with so many lumens on tap.

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Cree+MTG+on+20mm+MCPCB
http://www.cree.com/led-components-and-modules/products/xlamp/arrays-directional/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/XLampMTG2.pdf

I hardly ever use my throwers to their fullest potential, or even get much of a chance to. Although a cool “wow” light to own and play with, mega-throwers are mostly useless in nearly all of my personal situations. In fact, they can be downright irritating to everyone around me at close to intermediate ranges. The “powerful gentle long throwing blanket of light” concept seems like the next sensible frontier in this hobby.

Even with my VSS3A, I run it in maximum flood mode most of the time and modded it to give even more flood than stock specs allowed. Even though the 1 degree reflector setting can easily illuminate high altitude air traffic, its all but useless without high powered optics to see out to that range. Taking a sensible look in how most people use their flashlights, a power flooder with good range seems to make the most sense, and maybe it always has. We just never had a single efficient emitter that could do both.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips. Ive certainly learned a lot here… mostly in how to rethink how I use my flashlights and what makes them the most useful.

Sorry to get off topic…

no worries flash pilot, I have a feeling you’d love one of these builds reading above, maybe pm dthrckt. :wink:

Is this the same MT-G2 as the one sold at Cutter? I get lost with the technical info and need help so I don’t order the wrong emitter.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cree-MT-G2-EasyWhite-20mm-High-Power-White-LED-Light-24W-2400Lm-36V-/190803773029

Cutter DOES sell that one (I think) but that IS NOT the one that we’ve used (linked above somewhere).

The MTG2s that I bought do not have a bunch of individual (xpg?) dies under one dome - they look much different (and, mine are 6V, not 36V).

That’s what I want to know before I screw up and order something different and waste my money.

6V should be easiest to use w/ existing drivers, in my opinion. You could probably find a boost driver that would do 36V but it would probably be way too much current.

as far the the difference between dies from what you linked and we used - well, I have no idea really….it could work better or worse with a reflector (but would obviously be terrible with aspheric).

I’ll hold off. I’m only looking around for options. I’d order right now from Cutters, but I don’t want to pay $14 shipping for one LED. If they had a bunch of other stuff I needed, OK, but, I don’t find the selection very good, and anything they do have, I can get cheaper with free shipping elsewhere.

I just ordered 7 of them from cutter.

$22.4 each after exchange rate, shipping, handling…

I NEED 3, and have ideas for 2 others, but nothing pressing…

dthrckt, if you need to sell off any of your extras, you know where I am :bigsmile:

one of these days im going to do a group buy of these.

maybe ill tally up the items this weekend and get off my ass.

1 For Richie, and 1 for FScamaro if he wants it, since he wanted 2 last time and I decided to destroy 1 of 2 and lose my money instead :Sp

I would have ordered more but I didn’t want to tie up any more money than that for a month…

The other two might be up for grabs - I think an MTG2 headlamp would be great (floody)…but maybe that’s sort of a waste since you couldn’t drive it very hard. I’ve also wondered about putting one in a stanley spotlight….but we’ll see how richie’s projector spotlight turns out as far as beam before I go ahead with that.

Dave, if FMCamaro doesn’t want it, I’ll take both. I should have mentioned it to you last night, but I got side tracked and would have sent money your way to order mine with yours.

FM, if you do, please put me at the top of your list. Thank you :wink:

added 5 MTG2 to my order, for a total of 12

Richie can take the one you might have given me

It will force me to do a group buy! Making the post now!