NOW 70% OFF COUPON!! DIY TorchLite 2x26650 XM-L, SST-90, SST-50 etc Host!

Is this the same MT-G2 as the one sold at Cutter? I get lost with the technical info and need help so I don’t order the wrong emitter.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cree-MT-G2-EasyWhite-20mm-High-Power-White-LED-Light-24W-2400Lm-36V-/190803773029

Cutter DOES sell that one (I think) but that IS NOT the one that we’ve used (linked above somewhere).

The MTG2s that I bought do not have a bunch of individual (xpg?) dies under one dome - they look much different (and, mine are 6V, not 36V).

That’s what I want to know before I screw up and order something different and waste my money.

6V should be easiest to use w/ existing drivers, in my opinion. You could probably find a boost driver that would do 36V but it would probably be way too much current.

as far the the difference between dies from what you linked and we used - well, I have no idea really….it could work better or worse with a reflector (but would obviously be terrible with aspheric).

I’ll hold off. I’m only looking around for options. I’d order right now from Cutters, but I don’t want to pay $14 shipping for one LED. If they had a bunch of other stuff I needed, OK, but, I don’t find the selection very good, and anything they do have, I can get cheaper with free shipping elsewhere.

I just ordered 7 of them from cutter.

$22.4 each after exchange rate, shipping, handling…

I NEED 3, and have ideas for 2 others, but nothing pressing…

dthrckt, if you need to sell off any of your extras, you know where I am :bigsmile:

one of these days im going to do a group buy of these.

maybe ill tally up the items this weekend and get off my ass.

1 For Richie, and 1 for FScamaro if he wants it, since he wanted 2 last time and I decided to destroy 1 of 2 and lose my money instead :Sp

I would have ordered more but I didn’t want to tie up any more money than that for a month…

The other two might be up for grabs - I think an MTG2 headlamp would be great (floody)…but maybe that’s sort of a waste since you couldn’t drive it very hard. I’ve also wondered about putting one in a stanley spotlight….but we’ll see how richie’s projector spotlight turns out as far as beam before I go ahead with that.

Dave, if FMCamaro doesn’t want it, I’ll take both. I should have mentioned it to you last night, but I got side tracked and would have sent money your way to order mine with yours.

FM, if you do, please put me at the top of your list. Thank you :wink:

added 5 MTG2 to my order, for a total of 12

Richie can take the one you might have given me

It will force me to do a group buy! Making the post now!

its DONE!

Dave, I’m purchasing 2 mtg2 LED’s from FMCamaro’s group buy, but I still want the two from your order, if it’s still okay. Thanks.

sure is, I’ll be looking to get rid of at least 7 (now 5 after Richie’s)

Got my MT-G2 sinkpads in. Now I just need the driver and LED to show up…

Wut? SinkPAD for an MT-G2? Didn't know they had them - did you order direct?

There is a link on the main SinkPad website…take a survey get free samples. It is not really intended for end-users, but…

they are aluminum

but pretty thick