NOW 70% OFF COUPON!! DIY TorchLite 2x26650 XM-L, SST-90, SST-50 etc Host!

Great hosts and great seller here guys. Just scroll up to see a bunch of us made MT-G2 lights out of this thing paired with 5A drivers with great beams and tint.

Grab them while you still can!

I just recieved my second TorchLite host. Now this! Do I need a third? I need some input of what else to do with this host.

[quote=Ouchyfoot]
I just recieved my second TorchLite host. Now this! Do I need a third? I need some input of what else to do with this host.[

send it my way :bigsmile:

Hi, compared with Convoy L2 host, which is better for MT-G2?

this one, I have both and the convoy l2’s limited driver cavity puts a real crimp on decent output from the mt-g2. The convoy l2 is better suited to a hard driven xp-g2.

I got a new set of King Kongs, and finally removed that brass cap and nylon bushing from the tail spring. Batteries fit in nice and work perfectly. I wish I had thought of that before I dented up four cells trying to screw the tailcap down.

I got my new DMM today, and the first thing I tested was my MT-G2 TorchLite.
With two brand new King Kong 26650s I got a tailcap reading of 5.1A on high. I’m pretty happy, as I didn’t upgrade the wires or anything when I built it.

Nice. Now you need to mod it so you get 5 amps at the emitter.

I’ll try that tomorrow. Do you just touch the DMM leads to the + and - on the LED MCPCB? I’m new at this. If that’s the correct method, how do you keep from going blind while your at it?

No, you connect in series (DMM becomes part of the electrical path) with the led. It’s a much harder test to perform. There are usually only 2 places on either the negative or positive side you can use. You can unsolder one wire to the emitter, then connect one probe to the wire and touch the other to the mcpcb’s contact pad. Cover the led with something to protect your eyes. Or disconnect one of the led wires at the driver. Then connect one probe to the wire and touch the other to the wires contact pad on the driver. I only do it while I’m building/modding the light.

Someone with more technical electronics knowledge can probably estimate for you how many amps of current the emitter is seeing. I’m assuming that they would need to know your current reading at the tail, what your cells were charged to, the Vf of the emitter around the current you are driving it at and the estimated efficiency of your driver at that same current level. To get a more accurate estimate, they probably would need to know how much your cells sag at the current level you were running. Like I said, I’m assuming this is info they would need. I don’t know the formula to calculate the estimate.

Hmmm. That starts getting complicated.

Still have a few of these left, now offering a 70% coupon code!!

Use the coupon: TORCHLITE at checkout!

I just tried the coupon code and it said it was expired

Same deal here.

no workie

Woops… Should work now. I changed the % from 60 to 70%, but I guess I forgot to update the expiration date of the last coupon.

Works now.

Might be that I put in 'TorchLite' (case sensitive)

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

$28…… Man.

Just grabbed one of these thank you!

Does anyone know what shipping costs to Australia is?