Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge 2019 - Final Results

Thanks for the helpful replies, Asian8640, G0OSE and The_OL_Contest. :+1:

Thank you for clarifying. If I am allowed to pick a mystery light from the Skylumen website in the 135$ range I would prefer this prize over the Wuben T70. I just assumed that Vinh would sent a flashlight randomly.

Instead of the MT07vn I would choose another flashlight from Skylumen. If I take a flashlight in the same price range that should be possible, right?

Looks like skylight is narrowing his decision. Next is Don then me. In an effort to speed things along I’ll give my preference now - Astrolux ft03. If Don chooses that then I’ll take the fireflies rot66

"Yes, but": Camo extension tubes are out of stock at the moment => Wuben T70 can be ordered in camo and the prize would be shipped after the tubes are back in stock (at the end of April).

Thank you for answering my question, the ! :slight_smile:

So who’s turn its it to pick now, I is confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe we are waiting for a final choice by Skylight; either the T70 or a Skylumen light, I think? Then my choice, followed by pinkpanda3310.

If I am confused about that somebody let me know. Differences in world time zones can make the choice seem longer than it really is.

There’s a claimed list of order in the first post so we can see who’s holding up the que at any time :smiley:

People shouldn’t be surprised when it’s their turn and it would also be helpful if a pre determined choice or two was kept in mind as pinkpanda very helpfully did :+1:

I’ve definitely got a list of choices but I think it’s a bit too early for me to submit what I’m looking for. There are 8 others that need to choose before I go :smiley:

I have preference list made… just waiting to speak up when it’s my turn.

I thought that the had a direct connection to the company, as well as vinhnguyen54, and he answered the question. Have I gotten my information mixed up?

He is in Washington state here in the US I believe. That is a hotbed of Covid-19 right now. It could be a while. Do you think someone, a contest official, should actually contact him? How long should the wait be?

the sells Wuben lights in his store so would have a Wuben contact thru there. No idea if the has a vn contact.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that one up mate!

Yeah, Skylight had two questions, the answered one about the Wuben, I sent a PM to vinhnguyen54 about the other mystery prize.

email would be faster

Any of you other guys particularly want anything skylight is considering? If not maybe we could bypass him for the minute and dish the others prizes out out? (until such point as they clash, ie someone else wants one of those 2 skylight wants) then they will all just have to wait or pick other prizes.

I did say assume what’s offered is what there is, as I could see the delay happening. :stuck_out_tongue: The world is in lock down, and that has to be considered.

Personally I’d say the mystery light (as it reads to me) is one Vinh would choose if the winner didn’t choose the MT07vn - I see no real reason why anyone would translate that as you could pick a mystery (any?) light up to a value of $135 from his store? (or am I missing something?? has something else been said?) where did all that even come from?

What I do know for sure though is this is going off piste and holding everyone else up unfairly. There were specific prizes offered, and now we are getting into choices of those choices etc.
What if the next winner decides they want a different colour etc (as most come in variations).

Due to what is going on in the world, I think if Vinh doesn’t answer within 24 hrs then just choose from what is offered, as it is offered in the initial list. This could go on a while otherwise.

Right, I have also emailed him,Vinh. :+1:

I didn’t want to block these two prizes. You can go ahead with choosing prizes.

Sorry if I caused some confusion but if Vinh doesn’t answer I will contact him myself about the prize. If I don’t like what he can offer me as a ‘mystery light’ I’ll take the MT07vn which is a nice light too.

So I definitely choose the prize from Skylumen, either MT07vn or ‘mystery light’. Anyone who wants the Wuben T70 please feel free to take it.

Thank you all for waiting and I’m really sorry for slowing down the choice of prizes. :zipper_mouth_face:

Skylight, just to put my curious mind at rest lol, where are you getting the information you can pick a mystery light ( a choice of)? (as in ANY light up to a value of $135 from his site) I have to ask because I can’t see anywhere where it even mentions picking any light up to the value of $135 - where did that info come from?

I just do not understand how you came to the conclusion you are going to get a choice of mystery lights, and you are going to know what those are in order to pick one - it makes no sense at all to me, none.

I see the choice as a gamble - you either have the known one (MT07vn) or the unknown one (mystery) the gamble being ‘what’ you will get, a surprise if you will?

Am I the only one who reads it that way? lol I could just as easily be wrong too! :stuck_out_tongue:

That is why I thought I can choose the Mystery light. Or maybe Vinh has a few flashlights that you can choose from.

I just thought that if someone doesn’t like the MT07vn he can get another flashlight instead.