Old Lumens give away's has some competition. The winner has been drawn.

Nice thread MRsDNF :bigsmile:

Hmm… I guess this thread goes too serious.

+1

BLF, a place where there is always light and all sorts of colors. MRsDNF riding the colorful rainbow. Despite having four feet, not one of them is planted on the ground. Just another regular colorful day here at BLF.. :D

PS: No low-CRI lights were used in the making of this picture.

I think OL is great when it comes to his reviews. He is always very detailed and reviews a variety of lights, thanks to his suppliers. I always enjoy reading a good review especially since im semi new to flashlights. I think popularity should come from what you give back to the community. OL is always in a good mood and never snaps back at anyone. If a question is askwd about his reviews he always answers and in a timely manner. These are all things that I really like about OL.

OL is also a veey knowledgeable man when it comes to modding. Although I havent got into modding lights yet, I do read his tutorials and try to learn from them for futurr use. To sum things up, thats why OL is popular IMO

Now I know mant people here could care less for OLs reviews and tutorials. All they care about ishis monthly giveaways. IMO those people are not something I want in a community. If thats all you rely oon and thats how you judge popularity then sorry but you are a shallow POS. Your parentsnmust have spoiled you rotten and you were never grateful of what they did for you.

Personally I appreciate his giveaways and enternthem since im just starting off in flashlights so I would enjoy getting some more. Flashlights are expensive and I have only been able to buy two real lights so far (had to sell my third one). I dont have much luck in winning prizes but I enter it for giggles and maybe to be surprised.

Basically Im saying that to me OL is popular for his contributions other than giveaways and that people who live for giveaways shouldnt be part of this community since they basically are leaches………

Just my humble opinions :smiley:

When I first started reading flashlight forums (the first was cpf), I was happily surprised by the existence of giveaways :-) So even if the reason behind a giveaway may be questionable (in OL's case I don't think it is), I still appreciate the guesture. And hey it's blf, we're cheap, they give something for free :-D

That said, I just enter giveaways if I really like what is offered.

I figure O-L will be always be popular with or without giveaways. He’s got lots to share with his reviews and knowledge. This forum certainly been an influence to me as to which light I buy. Thanks to all the folk who write reviews on here.

As far as giveaways go, you can always expect a big crowd any time anyone gives away something cool for free.

Well, I will, of course, have to DQ myself from this giveaway.

Popularity? It's Not really about that for me. I have been popular in other parts of life and popularity breeds contempt.

Then why the hell do I do it?? I like to give lights to others here. It's a very odd thing actually, as I am not normally one to give. I tend to keep to myself in real life, going from work to home and errands that I have to do, but never known as "sociable" or "popular". I am a Hermit as much as possible. That's why this place is so strange to me. It's not really a forum as such, but it's like another room in the house. I feel at home here. I have questioned that many times, but I've never found the answer and gave up long ago as to why. I think it's just the way SB has developed this forum, that has made the difference. At CPF I always felt like I was living in the servants quarters.

I never set out to be popular here. I spent many years as a supervisor/manager and the most enjoyable times were when I was teaching someone else and sharing information with someone else. Watching another person try (and succeed at), something they didn't think they could do was the best part of being a "boss". I feel that is why I post so many builds and try to encourage others to try their hands at it. That was the whole reason for the contest, to see others step up to the plate and get out of their comfort zones. Look at the fantastic things they did. Watching that was pure pleasure.

It's the same way with the giveaways. It's pleasurable for me to send off a light to someone else. I really don't give a hoot if I am popular here, accepted is good, but popular is nothing I ever aimed for. I just like to do what I do here, for my own pleasure and benefit. I would much rather be known as someone who taught someone something new, than as a popular person.

All I can say is, if it's hard to see me do these giveaways now, you had better not tune in during December, as I have been collecting small things all year, for the Christmas giveaway season and there's likely to be about 12-24 more giveaways then.

Steve, you are not banned from any giveaways, you are banned from all of them.Tongue OutTongue OutKiss

You know I'm kidding with you, just as you are with me.

Bwaaahaaaahaaaa I suggest we remind everyone that Old Lumens is from Texas and that Texas gave the world the everlasting gift of President Bush the lessor. Then we slyly infer that Old Lumens was single handedly responsible for his rise to power. (He probably gave away flashlights as bribes to all voters would be my guess) Then we spread rumors that all his giveaways come with the condition that everyone must wear cowboy hats and chew tobacco. Nothing else but a full out relentless campaign of guilt by association will work. Old Lumens is Texas and all it stands for, including BIG HAIR for all the women members of this forum. Furthermore if Mr. Lumens (if that’s his real name) continues his own rise to power that mandatory bible studies for all forum members are only a short time away. We must continue to remind people that Mr. Lumens is TEXAS and everything it stands for.

I used to be lucky. Then I joined the BLF Forum. I haven’t won anything since, so I figure my entering these giveaways will not deprive another member of a chance to win :bigsmile: .

Jim

That is Great!!

Except for the fact I am a Dammed Yankee, (NY yankee-the worst kind).Wink

<—-true born and bred Texan laughing hysterically

Yes to the first part, no to the 2nd.

Justin is just nice … he was popular before he did a giveaway … about the only way to make him less popular would be to frame him for something ghastly … that would be mean but he’d still be the nice guy so even that wouldn’t really be a win. :weary:

Then we could be sure cowboy hats and boots and Red Man along with Big Hair and Bible Study would prevail throughout the land! We could change the National Anthem to The Yellow Rose of Texas and make Spanish our second language. Oh, well since it already is we could Nationally condone it!

¡Foro de la Luz de presupuesto es el número un en Texas!

¡Viejos lúmenes para presidente!

You may have something there GottaZoom. Frame him for something ghastly. The only person I know that could do that would be Quincey but l dont think hes around anymore. Does anyone have a number for a cast member on that CSI show on tv. They always seem to get there man. I better remember not to get on the wrong side off you. :beer:

the Chinese lumen lie! He started it! 20,000 lumen XP-G lights are all his fault! Single AAA Alkaline lights pushing 5000 lumens, that’s his doing! Watch out, he’s getting into Li-ions! 15,000 mAh 10440’s are bound to be right around the corner with 60A capacity! I knew it! I just knew it!

Edit: Now come on Steve, isn’t that as ridiculous as saying off instead off of? :stuck_out_tongue:

Off, of and to, too and lots off other little letters gets me all the time. People have tried to explain when to use what but like a lot of other things it doesn’t make sense or sink in. Sorry.

More a matter of making sure everyone understood I was making fun when saying (or framing) Justin is responsible for the lumen and capacity jacking up with Chinese vendors. Atefr all, eyvrenoe kowns taht seplinlg is orveaterd and dseno’t rlaely mtetar.

WTF is this? If this is serious, it should be removed. :Sp
EDIT:
I see OL commented……I am now very confused

cracking fun in his typical atypical manner. He’s giving something away and in his cleverness he outsmarted himself. :wink: And a bunch of us along with him.

I’m just along for the ride, because it’s amusing.

I think I will read this entire thread once I am done reading War And Peace.