Olight A3T titanium goodness

Affiliate link for the Olight A3T
Use that link and bgf131 and you should get it for a price that enticed me to buy several as xmas gifts (price not listed due to Olights draconian attitude towards M.A.P)
They should also actually have stock as mine have been shipped with the last few days.

First time using an affiliate link, so hope the open manner I’ve gone about it is not treading upon anyone’s toes.
If it is, I apologise as it is not intended, so please help and educate, rather than chastise me :slight_smile:

I received mine a couple of days ago, ordered some time before I negotiated the price and listed this at BG deal alerts thread. Very nice and shiny light! Titanium threads are a bit rough and require good lubing, but otherwise a really nice light.

I’m just curious, what is the reasoning for purchasing a $20 mini keychain light?

For me it was the T in the name. And the shininess and low weight. I love Titanium lights! (but don't have enough money to buy more of them..)

This is cheap for Ti light, for example compared to my EDC: DQG AAA Ti

Perhaps, can use a good quality and well regulated keychain light. My DQG III 32$, has been one of my best purchases.
Olight A3T great flashlight, 20$ good price.

i also bought one a while back. I think i paid $21.55 for mine. i bought it because i thought it would be cool to have a titanium flashlight.
i still use my tank007 e09 as keychain flashlight though.

For a keychain light I almost think it’s the best of both worlds. The older body style and Ti body are perfect for a keychain, and it has the newer, superior circuitry of the I3S. Other features like the hidden strobe are well suited for a keychain. I will probably go with something like this once the teenagers driving my vehicles mature a little bit—until then it’s an E01 on every keychain :wink:

But I’d be more interested in an EDC version with the newer I3S body style in Ti, so I hope they make one someday. In fact, there just hasn’t been a lot of new AAA lights lately. Let’s see a 1xAAA Ti with a forward clicky, multiple modes and constant current!

I’m curious if anyone here experiences the “stuck on medium” that my I3S sometimes gets when it’s cold, and I’ve seen others report on my blog and a couple threads on CPF. Though it’s just a minor annoyance to an otherwise great light.

There will never be a reason to buy another flashlight, but we will continue buying…. The reason is a mental disorder related to flashlights I think.
Ordered mine two weeks ago, but it didn’t arrive yet

Wait … reasoning? I hope my wife never hears of this word. But then she would have to give reasoning for all the e-ciggy stuff she buys from Fasttech. Until then, our word is ‘denial’ :slight_smile:

Reasoning for me, was my Fenix L0D died and always wanted a titanium torch!
While at it, figured it would make a decent enough xmas gift, particularly considering it’s intended audience are always trying to borrow my torches, as they’re bright :slight_smile:

My apologies, you are right.
Totally missed that, otherwise would of ordered sooner, when the exchange rate was more favourable sighs ahh well… what do you do ?

I’m still waiting for my A3T from Banggoods - day 53. They have offered to re-ship, but I guess I’ll lose PP protection if I accept that. I might just re-order if they refund.

No apologies necessary. :) You found a good deal and informed others, just like a good forum member does.

How is the tint on this light? In the video posted in the link it looks as if there is a great deal of blue tint on the white wall, and on the edges of the hot spot.

Tint is quite ok in my sample: Hot spot is on the warmer side of cold tints, but spill shows hint of blue, and lower modes have slight shift towards green (as usual in current controlled lights).

I'll see if I can take some quick white wall shots. Please wait..

..here we go: White wall shots (1/10s, f/5, ISO80, WB:Daylight): Med, High, Low

Very good. Thank you for taking the time to post the photos. :slight_smile:

Coupon’s not working for me. The clip on this one looks great.

My A3T , white wall

Just picked up 4 of these as stocking stuffers for family… I figured for the $$ I can’t go wrong! :slight_smile:

Despite their MAP b/s and unable to tailstand, that’s my rationale too :slight_smile:

And if the family don’t like them, guess who has multiples to put in his car, rescue kit, hiking kit, keyring, next to the bed etc :wink: