Olight i1 EOS modded with de-domed SST-50

While trying to fix one of my lights I accidently detached the dome of the led. I recently learned to remove the pill from my olight i1. So i modded the olight with the sst-50. The led is a little bit off-center so the beam is not very smooth.

Nice, I have i1 also :slight_smile:
Can you show us how to extract the driver ?
Thanks

+1 Id like to know as well.

I was very happy when i saw this tread (ITP A1 - Full blown DIY Guide to pulling the A1 apart ...) thanks to old4570. The driver in the olight i1 eos is different. I made the two holes on the driver a bit larger so that i can pull it out. The driver is glued to the pill so a little force is needed. A lot of heat is needed to loosen the thread lock, i don’t think one can save the led and the plastic ring with this much heat. The process is not difficult as it sounds so good luck.

I really really hate butchering jobs :~

OMG, what a pain. I have an i1 with XML and another with XPE. The XML version gets used all the time and I really like it. I was considering tearing apart the XPE version and replacing it with a neutral XML, but with this much effort I might skip it. I’ll have to see how all my other mods go first. Thanks for posting.