Olight i3s from Gearbest

Hello,

I recently received Olight i3s that I ordered from Gearbest, but I have some concerns if it’s genuine.

- The flashlight is black but the chain is not (on the official website it is black)

- There are no spare O-rings

- The supplied battery is not the standard Duracell but rather Excell brand

• There is no user manual

Here are some photos.

Did Olight change the flashlight and the packaging or is it possible that this one is fake?

Thanks!

There’s something off about the writing on it. I’ll take a look at mine when I get home.
Edit: The serial number should be on the front of the head, not below the Olight name, the chain should be black. Is the lens AR coated? If it is that’s a great clone.

followed by 8 numbers, the clip is black

The Olight symbol is in the centre above the olight name

Inside pics look the same

My guess would be that it’s a genuine but returned product, hence missing spares, different battery and keychain.
There have been a case of what looks like sending factory reject or returned olight M22 by GB.

Driver looks like original, don’t worry it looks original.

Moar pics.

Doesn’t looks new to me.
Could be returned product

Thanks for the responses.

I might be just a bit paranoid.

The UI works as expected, including the hidden strobe.

I found that on some websites they show a version that has the new Olight logo on one side and a serial number below the model name on the other, like this:

It is still a bit strange because the newer version is apparently shipped in a transparent box and the chain is black.

Here are some more pictures of the logo and the serial number

You have an old version with a mismatched chain and missing accessories, but it’s genuine. Check out the pics from this official retailer:

Now I’m wondering how old my new light from Gearbest is.

I don’t have the XP-G2 printed on mine, and it has the excell battery, does that mean that it is a different version than the new model, that I thought that I was buying?

What about the run times and lumens, are they the same?

Any pics?

I think I agree that yours is a returned product or something along those lines. It would definitely have the manual if it were new. If you have concerns I’d suggest calling Olight directly. You can find their contact info on their website. http://olightworld.us/home/ I called them when the chain on my light broke. They sent me a whole new light without any hesitation. Awesome customer service. I cannot say the same for Gearbest.

Mine is just like the OP, except red, the same box, excell battery, the serial number in the same place, no XP-G2 printed on the tip, no extra o-rings, no instructions.

Same emitter?

Olight is one of my favorite brands. However. I’ve noticed that they do change up their packaging and small cosmetic details of their lights.

Logos, fonts, SN placement etc.

I have 5 S15’s total. One titanium and one S15r. Differences between those last two I can understand, but the 3 plain S15’s are all different in some way. Two have olightworld.com printed on the tailcap, one doesn’t. Two have the serial number printed up on the head, one is on the body. Logo and model# is backward/upside down on one (compared to the other two). Every box was different too.

Same with 3 S10’s I have.

Same with my M2X Javelot. Slight variations between it and marketing pictures and review pictures I’d seen before purchasing.

Ultimately it’s the internals that really matter, right? Driver, emitter, Olights UI that I’m used to and love…why they’re my (one of) my favorites.

Bummer if you wanted a black chain and didn’t get o-rings, but I wouldn’t sweat those items TOO much if the light is solid.

My .02

Yes, it looks just like the one pictured by the OP, shown in post 4, and in reviews.

My Gearbest receipt says Olight i3S EOS Torch Cree XP - G2 4 - Modes 80lm Portable Keychain Flashlight, is that an older model?

If driver same as the pic above it is new model and it is current controlled driver, has no pwm. If i am I remembering correctly the older versions of olight i3 had pwm driver. You can check if it has pwm or not.