Olight R50 Seeker measurements (26650, XHP50)

Olight also sent me the R50 Seeker in raw copper. Other than the body material and hence the massive(!) weight, it’s absolutely identical to the aluminum version. However, if not cooled with a fan there’s a slight difference in time it takes to step down on turbo because of the higher mass and better thermal properties of copper. With cooling the stepdown is delayed for a bit more than minute on turbo. No significant difference in output.

Here’s the Al-Cu pair.

And the runtimes.

Holster recommendations would be appreciated.

The Olight R50/R50 Pro holster is very well made. I also tried a couple Convoy holsters, but the better quality S2+ one is too small and the cheaper C8 holster is too big.

Doh! They make a holster for it, but you got to buy it seperate. :person_facepalming:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, for some reason the holster is included with the R50 Pro but not the R50.

+1 on the R50 Pro holster, really well made and practical !

Are you sure driver is not improved also? I doubt it.
I mean just improving certain aspects like total voltage drop driver could run more time
in regulation. After all current now goes through a thick copper boy rather through the 6061 T6 alloy (which is only 40% of
copper which is 100%)
Not that is making then final difference, but that also is making a difference.
Certainly the copper will cool faster, but the current path is quite significantly much better now.

Both flashlights look very nice.