Olight S Mini

Okay shame it doesnt have a magnetic tailcap, i was gonna buy one but for that price i have to pass.

Oh, I didn’t realized that they had to remove it :frowning:
That may be my favorite feature in those little lights…

They are expensive and without the magnet… I think it is off the table. That is so useful that I will not give it up.

Yup, for that price without magnet is a real bummer. Put back the magnets olight please.

That can’t be done with that overall length for sure…
They wanted to make it as smallest as possible, there was some compromise to do :face_with_monocle:
You can still glue a 20mm neodymium magnet on the tail cap, if made properly it shouldn’t be too ugly :crown:

Let’s see, how about a petition from BLF members addressed to ten of our favorite resellers asking each of them to stock 300 units — apparently that’s what Olight needs, is awareness that there’s potential for great big volume sales out there.

This is why it’s dumb of manufacturers not to sell hosts to BLF members.
We could show them how much better their lights could be, in many variations.

Then, of course, they’d still have to get the beancounters to let them put in anything but the cheap blue-white emitters.

Could it happen?

FWIW, I’ve already heard from more than one retailer that Olight doesn’t really care about their opinions. And companies don’t often respond well to the idea of being open when their business model is based on proprietary tech. I mean, sure, at BLF we’ve seen that open-ness and cooperation tend to make things better and cheaper for everyone, but it flies in the face of traditional business wisdom.

So I’d estimate the odds of a BLF custom batch at about zero.

cant anyone with contact to olight send feedback why no tailcap and the high price ???

I hate magnets in this little lights, they are always a hassle in my pocket. if I can, always pull out the magnet.

Can’t say I really care one way or the other about the magnet. It’s kinda nice once in a while, but I find it also gets in the way pretty often.

The prices may seem a bit high compared to budget lights, but they’re in line with Olight’s previous products and other premium brands.

I dropped an XM-L2 4C in my S1R and really love it now! I tried a 219B, does not work well at all with the TIR they use.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of TIRs seem to like XM packages more than XPs, even with an adapter ring. Need to adjust the spacing or whatnot.

Have they fixed the mushy eswitch yet? That’s the only deal breaker for me…

Will, I would not consider them mushy. They are not hard to turn on or off, there is some click. The switch on the S1A seems to have more click, but it does not turn on in my pocket when clipped on. The S1R on the other hand has turned on in my pocket but it does have electronic lockout and I do use it now.

Will, I do not have the S1 mini… only commenting on recently made lights.

Tracking says I should have a shiny bare copper S Mini waiting for me when I get home. Woot! I wasn’t expecting it this soon.

Now I suppose I should find myself a better emitter for it, practice reflowing emitters a bit, decide if I’m engraving anything on it, etc… Am tempted to engrave “Carpe Noctem”, which likely would need to happen before I actually carry the light so that the surface will be nice and clean.

Where did you order from?

Lack of a tail magnet is a killer for me. I find the S1cu with its diffuser is fantastic when stuck to the side or top of a server rack or stuck to the frame of my kids bunk beds when reading a bed time story.

Seriously useful feature that one, not just a gimmick, such a shame its been left out of this design.

I plan to swap the tail of my soon-to-be-there S mini with one of my S1’s.

i still think the s1 baton is better then this new, it costs more shines not much more and is smaller and without magnetic tailcap, really odd decisions so i asume the s1 baton will no longer be sold or ? To me they should have just have made the colors available on S1 baton instead of a new flashlight…

Also out of curiosity will the Rainbow pvd change colors over time like the copper version will anyone knows?