Olight S1 Mini HCRI - Moonlight Mode Flicker

I read some references to the flicker observed in moonlight mode. Is there any type of fix for this or is it just something I have to put up with? I like moonlight mode in my Thrunite T1 and find it a handy mode to have available. Any help is appreciated.

The visibility of flicker on moon isn’t very objectionable. My testing shows it occurring at ~2kHz so it will probably not bother most people. Especially if you don’t stare at the light from distance or the light doesn’t have a chance of reflecting from shiny objects. It will not be visible if you just aim it at the ground no matter how rapidly you move your eyes. The snob index of 11% means that it’ll probably be fine unless you’re, well, a snob. The fact that it only happens on the lowest of modes, makes it even less visible. The HCRI model has more severe shortcomings than the slight flicker though.

This is not a rhythmic flicker, but random…almost like the candle mode of my FW3A. Sometimes it will go completely off and it randomly dims and brightens…as though it is shorting out. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue? And yes, it is visible regardless of where the light is pointed.

Ah, so it’s defective. Olight should replace it for you no problem. They have a 5 year warranty.

Their usual tip is to clean all the battery and flashlight contacts, but if the problem only happens on moon, I don’t think it’s a contact problem.

That is good. I had just seen something mentioned about a flicker in moonlight mode and was unaware if it was this kind of flicker or rhythmic in nature. I like the size of the light and thought it would make a good last resort type light for camping. Thank you!

it could also be a faulty battery, i find olights battery not very good, so it might be no problem with the light if its the battery tho.