OLIGHT SR51 ( Picture Heavy )

I’m gonna say this is CW… But its very warm. Giving it a bit of a NW look… Anyone elses tint like that?

My brothers SR51 is on the warmish side of CW too. When we are doing beamshots I always recognize it by the tint before he says which one he is shining. Kind of a pleasant tint actually in my opinion anyway.

Dale,

If you hold down the blue button, and let it cycle back in forth from high to low from high to low it will lock itself out. Go try it. You can’t turn it back on until you double press the blue button…

Be useful when I toss it in my backpack. Wont have to worry about it accidently getting turned on.

Or when you give it to some kid and tell him try this light. LOL! But knowing a kid they will figure it out eventually.

:bigsmile:

Or smash it to pieces trying to get it to work!

I think everyone should buy one of these? LOL

Now available with XML2 Upgrade! Woohoo!

http://www.doingoutdoor.com/olight-sr51-intimidator-updated-version-xml2-led-flashlight-p-654.html

Hey guys,

Long time follower but just joined. Quick questions. Is the Olight SR51 still worth buying at 49.99. It is a bit old now.

I bought a Sunwayman D40A earlier this year and am very pleased. It is the brightest light I have.

Advice?

Mario
Ottawa

Welcome to the forum MarioP and congrats on the D40A. That is probably my favorite light.

Good question about the SR51. Can't speak to value as that is a very personal choice. For me personally, it is not. Here is some info that may help you decided:

The Good:

• Supper wonderfully smooth beam pattern that is on the throwy side.
  • Very nice machining and finish. It feels great in hand.
  • Awesome reflector and A/R lens
  • Very cool looking light

The Bad:

• Bad mode separation and weird UI. The 2 modes are too close to each other. You have hold the button down and wait for the modes to start cycling to change modes.
  • Under driven.
  • Not an easy light to modify.

The Ugly:

• About 3 cell diameter, but only 2 18650's can be fit. Battery tube is too thin to bore out to hold 3 cells.

The Good may be enough to make the light worth $50. I plan on modding out The Bad so that I actually start using my light. Hope that helps you in your decision.