Olight SR90 Intimidator emitter swap

It’s more like 5000lm, and the throw will be similar since it’s ~2x the lumens and ~2x the area.
I’m hoping a XHP70.2 comes out soon so that the dies get closer together…

DBcustom and Tom E. both tested the top bin XHP70 to be close to 7000lumens OTF in L6s. And ~130Kcd with dome and stock OP reflector.

The SR90 reflector is very large, but the stock throw is not that impressive. Selfbuilt measured it to be 112Kcd. XHP70 in this reflector would give a lot more throw. I found this reference to this mod: XHP70 + Olight SR90 Intimidator?

From the post you linked: “4600 lumens from the high cri emitter, 5200 lumens from the standard 5700K version”

From djozz:

Where is your source for 7000 lumens??

I found the numbers a bit hard to believe at first, too.

When the majority of tests show 4-5k lumens, I HIGHLY doubt they are getting 7000+.
This seems like a problem with equipment that isn’t calibrated correctly or is not scaling linearly at such high output.
Even with the P2 1C it should only be a few percent above the N4.
If you take a look at the cree datasheet, there is no way you get 7500lm at 12 amps.
Plus, the reflector and the front lens reduce the output by several percent more.

So yeah, I do not believe those 7000lm+ claims.

I think it is actually less. The newer ones produce like 1750 otf Lumens and the older ones maybe around 1200 otf Lumens (those values might be hard to dig out, it was 7 years ago).

How can you tell which version of the led it has?

If you can’t recognise it (each model of led is a bit different), take a photo, upload it to a image hosting website then paste a link here and we will help you identify the led.

Everything I have read says there is no visual difference. I was hoping for a serial # or something.