One-way trip to Mars

Warning: 4 minute film

You snooze, you lose. The application deadline was August 31, 2013.
Time Magazine did a video story.
Warning: 5 minute film.

I know some people I would vote for if I could send them on a one way trip to Mars.

LOL

Big Brother in space/on Mars? It sounds simply awful, but I’m sure it will get ratings. :Sp Martians could declare war on our planet for this.

Do patents apply to mars?
How about technology, will blueprints for proprietary items be allowed to be sent?
How does one allocate resources, some kind of ration system or would there be money?
Waste management, will everything have to be recyclable or will there be martian landfills
How would they manage material shortages, you can’t bring in materials from earth by overnight shipping

I don’t even think we understand human nature well enough to properly screen candidates

Just in case you’re wondering…
http://applicants.mars-one.com/

You might have to close some advertisements to get these videos to play. Just click the x in the upper right hand corner to close the ads. I would guess these ads are part of the fund raising scheme.

The videos can be sorted/filtered for newest, rating, popularity, gender, country of residence, etc.

All the money and ??? Poetry? Pastry?

Pocky:

A pasty, is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with Cornwall, the westernmost county in England.

Mr. Trouble never hangs around
When he hears this mighty sound
“Here I come to save the day”
That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way