Opinions on the upcoming “Supply Shortage”?

And there’s that smugness that goes along with it.

One of those reddit stories went on about how a supplier wasn’t going to be able to deliver some parts, Pointy-Haired Manager refused to allow anything to be bought from other suppliers who had the stuff, but at a higher price. So their production lines ground to a halt, nothing was made, nothing was supplied downstream, either, so that company had to pay penalties written into the contracts, costing the company something like a brazillion dollars.

The alternative-supplier prices were only like 10% higher.

They all tend to forget that JIT only works when everything works. It’s a big house of cards, and one flick can bring it all down fast.

They rely on the concept on paper, don’t plan on contingencies, and that first punch in the mouf brings down the entire system.

JIT only works when you respect its origins.

JIT from Toyota last I checked still requires you to have large stockpiles :stuck_out_tongue:

In France. The media have propagated that some food items such as cooking (sunflower) oil may be missing soon. Guess what? People rushed to buy all the cooking oil on the shelves :person_facepalming:

Same with flour, mustard, etc… :person_facepalming:

Toilet paper seems to have been spared this time :smiling_imp:

Ya’ know. Us Boomers didn’t have pre-made baby formula, disposable diapers, or car seats (or even seat-belts early on).
It’s amazing we made it through childhood alive.
And now we have the powers that be telling us that the stuff our moms used to make up to feed us is too dangerous to use.
All the Best,
Jeff

Amen… well said!

Yep — The Front Dashboard was the airbag and the Rear Dash was for napping :smiley:

Here is an old style playground from when men ran things.

Just a note: Bleach has a limited shelf life! Under ideal conditions it’ll lose 20% of its effectiveness yearly…and I certainly don’t live in ideal conditions.

Fortunately, you can pick up cheap hypochlorous acid generators off eBay and make as much as your heart desires. Much more convenient than storing it anyway.

You nailed it, no participation trophies were awarded. :sunglasses:

Is that Spanky sliding down that ladder :partying_face:

Looks like those kids were actually building their own playground —- Whoooo Whaaat No Way

Up hill both ways :smiley:

since we are posting about old-timey things…
remember when Johnny Carson said
the US ran out of toilet paper?
no? well, here ya go:

OMG, I don't know if that's an east coast thing or not, but I'm in Jersey, and I heard it plenty growing up!