OPUS BT-C100 - 0.05V ERROR FIX for LiIon charging

When I try to run my Arctic Breeze USB fan, It barely turns. On the other hand, when I connect it to my Xtar SP1 single cell charger with the same battery, it runs at full speed for nearly 3.5 hours. The Opus sucks! The only thing good about it is the display quality, but the accuracy isn’t nearly as good as any of the Xtar’s VP1’s and 2”s I have. I’ve compared both with my recently callebrated Fluke 289.

The USB output voltage with a 18650 is 5.16 V without load and drops to 5.03 V at 1 A load. So my USB output works fine.

I got a defective one then instead of a design flaw… I made a video and sent it to GearBest. Hopefully they refund my money instead of asking me to send it back which I refuse to. It would cost me as much as I originally paid for it for shipping.

I made really good experience with the CS of Gearbest. Easy and fast refund or resend. Better than Banggood in many cases.

I have discovered a potential problem. While discharging lithium cells the unit does not displace an accurate voltage when compared to my voltmeter. Can someone else confirm this please.

Thanks

Same here. This charger sucks. I’ve already filed a paypal dispute against gearbest because of the usb port outputting 3.88 volts instead of 5 volts. Gearbest said that was normal which is a bunch of bullshit. Then they had the nerve to delete my ticket on this charger after I told them I would file a claim against them with paypal if they didn’t make good. I was smart enough to take screen shots of my ticket. Gearbest will never get another order from me! I hope they rot in hell!

Edit: Now my tickets are showing…What the hell is going on here?

Your voltmeter isn’t testing the battery under load. But during the discharge test of an analyzing charger (or while being discharged by a flashlight, for example) the voltage will drop due to the internal resistance of the battery. And conversely, the voltage will recover somewhat when the load is removed. So the behavior you describe is not necessarily problematic.

That may be true but my opus 3100 gives the same reading as my voltmeter so I am more inclined to believe that the 100 has a defect. But you did make a valid point. I will look at the load of the 3100 vs the 100

A picture is worth a thousand words

It is indeed! Like I said, not necessarily problematic just based on the description, but your thousand words obviously change things! That’s definitely more problematic.

Thanks for recognising this. I have a just recently calibrated Fluke 289 which closely corresponds to my old 189 seen in the picture. I not only have a problem with the readout accuracy, the USB output is way too low at 3.88 Volts with no load other than my USB Detector. I contacted Gearbest, and they basically told me that my findings were normal. I’ve since filed a paypal claim.

My usb voltage was measured at 5 volts. I think there are some serious quality control issues with this particular design.

I’ve posted this picture before in another thread. You can see I have a fully charged Panasonic 18650 according to the Opus display. With my Xtar SP1, I get 5.1 volts. with the same battery!. The Opus on the other hand….

The fact that Gearbest say’s this is normal REALLY PISSED ME OFF!! I’ll never buy from them again!

I fixed mine. I’m very pleased with the results

Remarkably flame-retardant !

It’s the only good thing about it!

Edit: Gearbest finally gave me my money back after seeing my “burning my Opus Charger” video? Who in there right mind would burn something, unless there was something seriously wrong with it?

I think this charger has a lot of potential. It’s just not right for prime time right now. Besides that, mine had a defective USB port.

I just ran across this…. Priceless!!! :+1:

I have this charger and mine works as described by design. I paid $11 for mine at gearbest.

The early production had problems with usb ports, This is a problem with these very low cost products coming from Asia.