Opus BT-C100 charger does NOT charge Li-ion batteries and Banggood says it does NOT support Li-Ion batteries

Yep, they did LIE on the box cover. I think we are giving China stores too much business credit, I’m not impressed with their tactics and or lack of knowledge of their own products. You better KNOW the product you want to buy before buying it and research thoroughly.

1899 pennies of experience under your belt now. You are not alone, we ALL have been Bamboozled at least once. :zipper_mouth_face:

“Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4, LFE) is kind of Li-Ion rechargeable battery for high power applications, such as EV car , Power Tool and RC hobby. LFP cells feature with high discharging current, non explosive, long cycle life (>2000@0.2C rate, IEC Standard), but its energy density is lower than normal Li-Ion cell (Li-Co) (higher NiMH cell).”

Did you point out that their General Specifications says this?

“Compatible: 10440,14500,16340,17335,17500,17670,18490,18650,22650,26650,32650,AA,AAA,C,D”

Like has been said i don`t see how they can dispute this as its clearly visible on the box and booklet, not to mention it lists lots of Li-ion batteries been compatible in the General Specifications, terrible behaviour by Banggood .

Update: after a lot of emails back & forth and my insistence that my unit now sometimes also doesn’t charge NiMh anymore, BG has agreed to send me a replacement unit.

It just took a lot of hassle and effort to get them to recognize there was really a problem with my unit. Hoping the replacement unit they sent will be fully functioning…

Thanks for all the inputs mentioned above.

Hi, I’m like that you’re trying to to be helpful but it does pay to look at the date o the post. I’m sure dta has solved his 3 year old issue at this point.
Cheers! :smiley:

I have also have had issues with Banggood most of the time I use PayPal however sometimes some seller do not take PayPal I once got some what burned because of the same type of issue not clearly disclosing all details of the product so I will not buy from a seller that does not take PayPal

I ordered a flashlight a long time ago from BG and, luckily, I received it.
Nowadays I just use https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/\_ALxvPn Simon’s store. you don’t really need anything else. He has the right flashlights and all the good parts.