Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY Now @ $ 36. New coupon code - tatasal -(to close July 15) NOW CLOSED

Ok so do I have this right ?
It does not show the capacity accurately when
charging at higher current. ??
Does it show correct capacity with a better power supply ?
Or when charging at lower current ?
Sorry it is hard to understand for me.
Thanks

You asked the same questions in the review thread and I have posted the answer there: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27005#comment-594945

I apologize for the English translation of my message. I hope everyone will understand …

I think, that after of review HKJ as in Russian-speaking forum Fonarevka, and here there is a bad mood on BT-C3100. A situation as in book Jerome Klapka Jerome ” Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog) ” when one of protagonists having read through the medical literature has found at itself all illnesses except for 2. The conclusion was one to not read the special literature. And here, after review HKJ charger became worse not! It is one of the best variants for 39 $ the charger-testing device. In such dimensions, the price and functions there are more than devices on sale is not present.

I wished to thank developers Opus created fine device BT-C3100. I am glad, that such device has appeared, since 5 years I always asked: ” Why there is no device similar on LaCrosse for Li-ion batteries? “.
I understand that this first device and it has ”children’s illnesses”. I am grateful and HKJ for work above search of problems and by that helping developer to make charger the device better. The new test (version 2 BT-C3100) has shown, that developers have made improvement.

However, to me as buyer and the user already 2 BT-C3100 (1-st and 2-nd versions) are not essential some problems is a problem of a pulse overload of a power unit leading theoretical decrease in its service life and in some cases to excess of indications of the loaded energy in the battery of really received energy. If not HKJ I would not think, that in it there is a problem. Usually, charging NiMh, I always knew, that indications above real capacity. It never was a problem! Exact results could always be obtained at discharge. HKJ has informed, that for Li-ion batteries they can practically be both values equal. It was the new information and thanks for it. If BT-C3100 it will be able to do well it is excellent if is not present – that the test of capacity always shows exact result! For me it not a problem! As well as is not a problem decrease in service life of the adapter of a feed. On sale it is a lot of power supplies on 12V. It is possible to buy a universal power unit for notebook supporting 12V and a current 4A and more on 12V. However, if it is a problem it will be solved by engineers Opus it is excellent.

Now about problems which most of all spoil mood from BT-C3100.

1. The fan. On the prototype I felt, that it is the worst unit of this device. Bought BT-C3100 should not be engaged in its greasing in 1 day after purchase. I was ready to buy on 10 $ more dearly BT-C3100 but that such problem never existed. You wrote, that 7mm thickness fans are more silent, but these are rare fans. Is silent and on 10mm. For example, F251R-12L3B (9 dB and 5500 RPM). If its efficiency is sufficient, why and to not buy? The fine design of the case 10mm will not strongly change the fan. Increase of the price on 10 $ will be justified, if there will be good responses about quality BT-C3100.
  2. Protection of the fan is necessary! Can make a lattice a part of the case, but the ready decision is better and hardly more expensively

provided that you normally fix the fan in the case, instead of that at you now. Without protection charge loses mobility since the fan can be easily destroyed.
  3. Legalize switch voltage and carry up to the side of the hull. Of course, will need additional security on the selected voltage LEDs (as in XTAR) or display.
  4. Wishes to regimes for version 3 or later. Existing modes (“charge”, “discharge”, “refresh discharge”, “charge test” and “quick test” ) excellent, but not enough for maintenance NiMh/NiCd (in LaCrosse BC-700/900):
    • discharge followed by a charge (discharge - charge);
    • restoration of the battery capacity to the maximum possible value, but no more than 12-15 cycles. Battery capacity display in this mode, the display resulting in a discharge, and not at a charge now.
    If possible, leave the future modes available for Li-ion and NiMh/NiCd batteries and add 2 new mode only for NiMh/NiCd.
    Former fans LaCrosse, which is a lot would be happy and it would be a great argument for buying BT-C3100!

I hope that soon it will be the best charger, which bought, eliminates the problem of selecting the charger once and for all.

He once told me that if you stand so close to a painting that you only see the brush marks, you won’t see the beauty of it. It’s only when you step back and see the whole picture that you are able to appreciate just what the artist intended.

Eloquently said……

Well, l just hope some people look beyond the brush marks :slight_smile:

I just can’t help feeling that I’m going to be
able to buy a better charger in the near future.
Am I going to have to replace the fan ?

Comparing apples to apples, my 3100’s fan sound level is about the same as my fan-cooled hobby charger’s variable fan speed at its about 75% speed.

I have not yet tried charging 1 18650 if it can trigger its fan. Can anyone chime in?

and that any 1 of them can set off the fan, so I would say yes.

OBSERVATIONS: (Cells used are Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900mah)

DISCHARGE CAPACITY variance between using Stock Power Supply and 15A Regulated DC Power supply: .013%

DISCHARGE CAPACITY to CHARGE CAPACITY variance using same power supply (15A Regulated DC): 1.1%

DISCHARGE CAPACITY to CHARGE CAPACITY variance using stock power supply: 29.6%

CHARGE CAPACITY variance between using Stock power supply and 15A Regulated DC Power supply: 30.9%

In all sessions, 1A rate was selected in all bays. Cells used are Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900mah

Summary:

On Discharge Capacity readings, only .013% is the difference between using the stock power supply compared to 15A regulated DC.

On Charge Capacity readings, 29.6% is the difference between using the stock power supply compared to 15A regulated DC

My conclusion: For people who are satisfied with just knowing the DISCHARGE CAPACITY of their cells, the Stock Power Supply would suffice, as their is virtually no difference between the stock and 15A power supply. (only .013%)

(upcoming will be the comparative readings between Stock Power Supply versus a salvaged computer PSU)

!!

!!

!!

!!

HKJ:

Thanks for the input. we are testing on this now. I hope we can solve this issue with a correct charging voltage and/or an increased power adapter with more AMPs. There is a dilema situation: we want to have a lower charging voltage so that the overall loading to power adapter is less, but we need to maintain the charging current of maximum 2A current, and this gives us not much space to reduce the charging voltage much lower. I hope we can find a solution soon.

The power adapter we supplied for US version has lower output current. Basically the EU version power adapter with “Ketec” marking can charge Pansonic Li-Ion batteries without displayed charging capacity issue.

Tatasal (or other GearBest staff), it appears that I ordered the US version. However, I included a message asking for the inclusion of an AU adapter. Do you know if I will therefore receive the superior EU power adapter, or the US one which is not fit for purpose?

You’ll probably get EU because US would be 120v, Euro is 240/AU. I think staff were automatically including AU if they saw an order shipping to AU also.

In for 1 after reading HKJ’s v2.0 review. Thanks.

384 units ordered as of this posting.

NEW NOTICE: PLEASE WRITE IN YOUR PAYPAL’S ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS COLUMN ANY SPECIAL “REQUESTS” SPECIFIC TO YOUR COUNTRY.

Such as getting an Australian plug instead of the European one? I can’t remember where I read it but I think they automatically shipped it out with the region-specific plug. Although that might’ve just been a courtesy. I sent them a little note just then. Thanks.

Thanks for your answer, aoeu.

Tatasal, Gearbest’s website also has the option of adding a message when making an order. Surely that suffices?

Recieved my charger!

Only 20 days from order!

I am testing it by refreshing two old NiMH AA and testing two new 18650, using default amp settings. Seems to work great! Very pleased! :)

Same here Order Date May 20 delivered June 9 Southern USA. Five minutes later; apart with its slides, tracks and fan lubed.

While fan was out and powered by its stock psu, it was very quiet though with a mildly noticeable vibration. Maybe slightly out of balance or maybe how these small fans spin.

Those who ordered express, how long did it take for your order to ship from the day purchased? Their “processing” takes a while.