Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY Now @ $ 36. New coupon code - tatasal -(to close July 15) NOW CLOSED

Got mine. Good service, great price, decent ship time, great product. Thanks GearBest!

FYI Ordered 6/2 shipped 6/4 arrived 6/16.

Why another group buy? Isn't it possible to download the newer charger version? :)

[quote=pipifax]

Haha, I belong to the manual typewriter generation. Bluetooth is even too new for me, I guess some of our techie friends around here could answer this!

Unless there’s a USB/serial port or wireless module hidden inside that everybody has missed, a user firmware upgrade would be highly unlikely to say the least.

KuoH

Hobby chargers like the iChargers have them but they’re like three times the price of this group buy. Now only if a decent manufacturer is willing to put the guts of an iCharger in a format that’s usable for us and sell it at 60… hint hint nudge nudge…

Speaking of which, mine isn’t here yet. Oh well.

Hi guys, this charger lacks reverse polarity protection afaik. What would happen if you put cells in a wrong way? :frowning:

BTW today i recieved my unit, looking good for now, but i dont understand why the charging current at some times was 750ma instead of 1000ma?

• :beer: *

So anyone can share experience about chargers without reverse polarity protection? what will happen if i put unprotected 18650 backwards in this charger?

Don’t do it. It makes all your lights shine backwards.

Yikes. I put a 16340 backwards in my i4 the other day. It was the first time I had put a cell in backwards, and I sat there for a minute wondering why all 3 lights were blinking. Maybe I’ll stick with the I4 for charging.

So far I’ve only used the BT-C3100 to discharge cells. I charge them on my i4 and then run the discharge test on the new charger. It’s been eye opening seeing some older cheap cells like the TF Flames 16340 matching some brand new AW cells of the supposedly same capacity. And seeing some cells I thought were questionable turn out to be good, and some of the ones I thought were good turn out to be questionable.

I’m a charger newbie so apologies if this is a stupid question: Could I use the discharge function to test non-rechargeable cells to see their capacity? If all I’m doing is discharging, then couldn’t I put any battery in it, such as alkalines, etc.?

I think after discharge it would auto recharge. So at the very least if it is possible, you would need to be on scene to stop it recharging.

Choose the ‘discharge’ mode. It will do nothing else after fully discharging the cell, it will just show the discharge capacity.

Received my charger today!
Gearbest declared the asked value and it went through customs without a hitch!

First impression: smaller than maha c9000 (Big plus, the maha is really massive!)
Version 2.0 indeed.
The fan is annoying loud indeed, especially when sitting close by it. Won’t be able to use it in the bedroom while sleeping this way.

You have to be carefull with slot selecting, after slot 4 it selects all slots instead of slot 1 again.
Since it looks like the maha first instinct is to use it as the maha.

It’s running discharge now on a 14500 and a eneloop

Don’t know how accurate the resistance test is. Got 58 for the eneloop and 268 for the keeppower 14500. The eneloop seems fine, but don’t know if the keeppower is normal. No way to verify it and it’s not really important to me, but the 14500 is almost new, got maybe 1 or 2 charge cycles, the eneloop got more and it seems a bit high.

All in all, I was actually looking for just a charger that could handle 1A charging. The added functions for a little price increase are well worth it.

Only thing I’m gonna research some more are the solutions to make the fan more silent.

I have 2 Trustfire Flame’s 14500 (900mah) and according to my C3100 they have

1. 798mah
  2. 789mah

Not quite the rated figures but both fairly close to each other and way more than you seem to have got, mine came from DX.com

Trust fire flames are frequently counterfeited.
I have one 14500 from sun sky that I expect to be crap.
Also two 16340s. Buying cheapest is not always best.

Finally got my charger last Monday from our local post office.

I got this charger primarily to check the capacity of my li-ion and eneloop batteries. Charging and discharging features are secondary to me. I have other chargers to do those stuff for me.

I love that it can do 4 different functions per slot and each slot is independent from each other. And it can charge at 2A on slots 1 and 4.

Fan noise is acceptable, though I would prefer it being more silent. I experience once that slot 4 stopped discharging an Eneloop AA. Slot 4 also gives a much different IR reading compared to the other 3 slots. I took it out re-installed it and reset the discharge function.

Overall I am happy with its performance.

Thanks to Tatasal for making this GB a success! Galing!

My thoughts:
-fan noise is not ‘loud’ as so many people have said. It’s definitely audible but I slept through it fine. Could be quieter though yes.
-The springs are way too strong. If you’re not careful taking out the batteries you can catapult them! Makes one handed installation/removal difficult.
-Little rubber feet need more stick.
Have some bugs so far, one being discharging a CR123a and the voltage went UP. Yes UP. It was definitely in discharge mode. Went from 3.0>3.36 and mAh count of almost 2000 (impossible).

Did you confirm the voltage increase with your multimeter?

No probs, bro!

441 orders as of this posting. The past two days, orders coming in has considerably gone down. An announcement will be made in a few days on a date of a specific time frame as to when this gb will finally close.