Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY Now @ $ 36. New coupon code - tatasal -(to close July 15) NOW CLOSED

I ordered the deal at Gearbest 6/18. As of this moment, I have no shipment notice. I am not real amused.

Are we waiting for a V2.1 or V3? There continue to be reported problems with V2.

Please post your order number. CS of GB will take care of that today.

I was editing as you posted. I would like some idea if there is going to be a version change. If there is, I will wait.

Just like in almost all products in the market, a version change for improvements is always a possibility. This is a very much more complex product as compared to just a straight-up charger, let’s just hope it’s gonna be sooner or perhaps later.

I phrased that badly. Is the delay in shipping related to a version change or simply poor processing?

What is your order number?

I would really appreciate an answer to my question. I was reluctant to order this because of the number of reported problems in V2. Those reports continue to grow.

Your question has been answered. The item being offered is not v3. v3 does not exist (maybe it will one day, maybe it never will), there is only v1 and v2 in existence. On offer is v2. I would think that if there is a delay, its due to the demand. One seller, not the maker, has sold nearly 500 units. One would assume they dont keep an endless supply of them.

I am quite sure there will be a version upgrade, as that is the only natural direction of product evolution.

Regarding the problems with this , what it boils down to is that this is basically a toy. A pretty cool toy. But probably not made that well. I have two 16340s that won’t do anything in opus. The fan is not sturdy and you can press it and move it. Mine looks like it is covered with tape. It is showing plus 800 capacity for my 14500s. So I think they’re Sanyo under there. My TF flame 14500 showed about 800 and I thought it was gonna be fake. I bought another opus and I really don’t need it.

I guess you are right.
Maybe I was expecting more than I should.
My accucel isn’t top of the line either so those results might also be off. I was comparing those 2 results against each other.
So far the opus is consistent with it’s discharge readings, so it can be used to determine degradation of cells and comparing cells to each other as long as they are all tested in the opus. I do think my accucels readings are more accurate so for more important tests I will probably use that for datapoints.

I will still do a 0.5A test to see what that does with the capacity, and will also discharge some eneloops on the opus and my maha c9000 to see how those results compare.

My unit finally arrived (after 28 days). When the fan first started to spin up I thought it was perfectly acceptable, but by the time it reached its operating speed I could see why so many people take issue with the noise.

Tatasal et al, I received the AU prong adapter (per my request), which is a nice touch on Gearbest’s part. However, I note that the version of the AC adapter I have received is the US one. In this thread, it has been revealed that the US AC adapter is inferior to the EU one. Is Gearbest going to do anything about this?

My unit is defective. The right slot on the end, its charging only at 600ma max, and it overcharge to 4.25V….i dont like my cells to be charge at their absolute “safe” maximum, and therefore making the lifespan much shorter.

Also it reads out incorrect by 0.011mV…voltage.

C’mon guys. This is a fantastic charger. Stop with the hysteria and the knee jerk reactions! Also stop succumbing to the peer pressure. Just because so and so……

dazed1: at first I also noticed that sometimes my unit would not charge at the higher rate that I selected. Later I realized that on some over discharged cells, or cells with high internal resistance, the unit AFTER analyzing them would NOT charge at my selected rate because it would have been too high. That is a safety feature! On over discharged cells if the charging current is kicked down, try letting it go for a couple of minutes and see if it doesn’t gradually increase. Sometimes it will. If it doesn’t, try reinserting the cell after a little bit and reset the charging rate.

Off by .011mV? Are you kidding me! Even .011V out of 4.20 is less than 0.25%! And off compared to what? And how do you get 3 significant digits to the right of the decimal point? No measuring device can exceed 1 least significant digit accuracy.

I have 2 units and have charged and discharged probably a couple hundred cells now. Every time I thought I noticed an anomaly, it has turned out not to be the charger, but rather a feature, operator error or a problem with the cell itself. I have charged NiCads, NiMH, IMR’s, ICR’s and LIMn

Also it reads out incorrect by 0.011mV…voltage.

Oh for christ’s sake

Haha, you hit it right! I remember when I first used my hobby charger, the iCharger 106B+. Coming in from a dumb, load-and-wait charger, I have sent emails to Junsi, its designer, registered in RCforums, only to eventually find out that most of the problems I had (’error in connection,etc.) were all part of the learning curve in the use of an analyzing charger.

• I suggest to first timers to give it some more time to really know your charger and the cells you are using.* Remember, inputting the desired parameters in a single-cell hobby charger is even confusing, how much more with the BT-C3100, as it has 4X the parameters to input. A hobby charger can’t charge AND discharge 2 or more cells at the same time, right?* (and can malfunction too, unfortunately)*, but the 3100 can.

Tatasal, I would like to direct you to my previous post.

I think it would be best if you direct that question to them. I am just an organizer of this group buy. I also bought two US plug chargers for that matter.

ANY of these inexpensive, consumer grade battery/charger analyzers are a Guide and Not a Bible.
In other words a Reference not a rock solid Standard.

You want Lab quality, got get it.
You want a lot of useful decent approximation of voltage,amperage,capacity and internal resistance of batteries( that are not on their last leg) then buy this Opus charger and learn to accept it’s limitations and quirks.

If that does not sound acceptable to you from the get go, then do yourself a favor and save up lots of money and got buy the Lab stuff if you can find it.

I think “error of .011” is going to be the new inside joke reference from here on out, so thanks for that :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Keith

+ 1.000.000.000 haha