Opus BT-C3100 v2.1 Charger from Gearbest

I know, I have two opuses. One for lions one for nimhs.

Umm, you miss much in your reading.

He was talking to me in regard to working for Eneloop. Its a joke, playing on me accusing you as a joke of being an employee of gearbest, after you accused me of working for Tmart in your other thread. Can you follow it yet? Its a joke, relax.

I said I have an Eneloop charger, and an XTAR VP2 for li ion, and an iCharger. I refused to buy an Opus based on the initial review, and was not best pleased with the manner in which HKJ was dismissed in part, not completely but in part in relation to the issues he noted about it, so I decided I would not buy one, ever. Ive stuck to my word. I really have no need for it. But for the money, I can see why people bought it. Im still waiting for the same type of charger that HKJ says this is it, the holy grail. Im happy to pay $100 for it.

LOL

Just break out the 40.00 for the Opus and it will charge any battery like a champ.

I don’t work for eneloop amazon or gearbest, just trying to give an honest opinion, for what it’s worth.

No other charger has the functions of the Universal “intelligent” Opus Charger, it’s not intelligent, it is genius.

You can pry my charger out of my hands for maybe 100 bucks,or just buy your own for about 40.00.

That’s just the thing, it doesn’t charge like a champ. What makes you say that? You either haven’t read HKJ’s review, or are choosing to ignore it in an endless quest to promote this charger.

As for me, my first charger was the highly-regarded Pila IBC li-ion charger, then the Powerex C9000, then the iCharger, then the Opus 2.0 (2x), the 2.1(2x) and at about the same time, the Xtar VP2 (2x).

My general observation is, other than the C9000 (which is a nimh only charger), all the other chargers that I mentioned are all excellent performers, so much so that one specific cell charged in ‘this’ charger will NOT perform longer or better compared to when charged to ‘that’ charger in their runtime performance nor last longer cycle-wise in the real world (using the same charging rate of course), whether via CC or pulse method.

What sets the Opus apart from the rest is it’s versatility, the ability to do four different modes (charge/discharge/test,etc.) in its 4 bays ALL at the same time, all that for only half the price of my iCharger which I tested to be as accurate as my v2.1. The VP2 is a very-highly rated charger, but I cannot charge a 18560@1A AND a 16340 together because this charger’s charging rate is always for the 2 bays as an example.

After I received my Opus, the other chargers are now just shelf items.

In short, I understand the enthusiasm of junk250 towards his Opus, but not his ‘extra’ words.

Yea I read the whole thread, you have to cut through the BS Tech peeps say off by .5 volt ect., loud fan ect.

I could care less if you buy it, but I’m saying it is everything as described and more.

It did stink a little when I took it out of the box, it smelled like soldering flux, but yea.

So the part about pulsing charging, possibly affecting the life of LiIon cells, was not the least bit interesting to you? Well, that’s why we tend to trust HKJ’s reviews, not threads like this.

Thanks you get it, some people have reading challenges I think.

:slight_smile:

yeah all tech is kinda BS

This is a great review, the kind of grass-roots review that the average Joe wants to hear about.

You can just stick your batteries in, & they come out the other end all charged up & ready to go! Absolute wizardry.

You don't need to know any technical bs about pulse charging or cv or dvd or whatever.

Just buy it!

Do you know a charger that is more advanced ,that will charge NiCD, NiMH and Li-Ion all at the same time in random slots for 40.00, educate me LOL.

That’s not the point. It’s a very versatile charger, like I said, I use it for analyzing. I don’t have lots of different types of cells to charge at the same time anyway.

You said it charges like a champ, HJK says it charges with 2A pulses, possibly shorting the life of LiIon cells. Who do you think we trust? You that thinks tech stuff is all BS, or HKJ?

Well said, You can stuff random 1.2v ~ 3.7v batteries and guess what, It will automatically determine the correct voltage and charging rate for your puny 1.2 eneloops or your 3.7 volt panasonics, automatically .

…again

The effects of pulse charging on cycling characteristics of commercial lithium-ion batteries: from Science Direct

The effects of a pulse charging technique on charge–discharge behavior and cycling characteristics of commercial lithium-ion batteries were investigated by comparison with the conventional direct current (dc) charging. The impedance spectra and cycling voltammograms of Li-ion batteries cycled by both protocols have been measured. The individual electrodes in the batteries have also been examined using XRD and SEM. The results show that pulse charging is helpful in eliminating concentration polarization, increasing the power transfer rate, and lowering charge time by removing the need for constant voltage charging in the conventional protocol. Pulse charging interrupts dc charging with short relaxation periods and short discharge pulses during charging, and also improves the active material utilization giving the battery higher discharge capacity and longer cycle life. Impedance measurements show that the magnitude of the interfacial resistance of the batteries cycled both by pulse charging and dc charging is small. However, at the same number of cycles, the interfacial resistance of the pulse charged battery is larger than that of dc charged. The batteries after 300 cycles charged by pulse charging show higher peak currents during both forward and reverse scans indicating higher reversibility of the electrodes. XRD and SEM studies of the individual electrodes indicate that pulse charging maintains the stability of the LiCoO2 cathode better than dc charging and inhibits the increase in the thickness of the passive film on the anode during cycling.

………it’s not that I don’t like CC/CV charging, my point is, pulse charging is not that bad either…and for the life of me and the usage of my cells, I don’t think I will be able to distinguish nor reap the effect of the better method in charging, whether via CC/CV or pulse.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378775301008205

I say its all BS, yea you can buy two or three specialized chargers for NiCd or NiMH and Li-ion but this does all that and more in one compact package.

The fact is, it is a decent charger for the masses, with good functionality.

I have one myself.

But I also like to read about & understand the products I use, rather than just buy something because some random person says it’s “genius”….

Thanks. That’s actually useful information, as opposed the junk that junk250 is repeating over and over… (I now understand the choice of his/her alias).