Orbtronic Clarifies 18650 top button question

No he means UN-Test…I guess you should have check first in Wikipedia H)

UL Test exists as well.

The ENERPOWER batteries have UN-Test

Sweet!!

i think these are assembled in Germany, right? On which cells are they based on?

Panasonic and Sanyo.. so basically, Panasonic.

And according to HKJs test, the small 2200 cells are Samsung inside.

These are highly recommended 18650 quality cells arent they? :)

I do not think that this type of welding is product of German engineering:

Enerpower button top:

Picture is from HKJ test review.

This picture explains why stripe wire is used.

i am not sure if there is anything wrong with this. HKJ didnt mention anything about it in his review and concludes the review with the words "This battery is a lower capacity battery and works well at up to a few ampere discharge currents. All in all a very good battery."

I am talking about welding, and quality of welding.

The ENERPOWER are assembled in Berlin and if you want to weld on the button top, it leaves some traces…Space Cowboy, I guess for you Ultrafire would be perfect, they look soooo nice in red and the Ultrafire print on the nickel…very very nice. Especially the 3000 mAh Version :bigsmile:

I prefer this kind of German Engineering on any other unknown where Enginnering… :party:

No, those have to little capacity the 5000 mah ones are better. :)

Only if they are used by expensive resellers, otherwise they are just "meh".

Welcome to the forum, Rutzki73!

I don’t know what some of you are talking about. I have lots of AW button top batteries.

Nice idea on the “sliding button” solution. Good thinking.

It is about 18650 3100mAh, and 2900mAh (Panasonic cells) models. AW is selling those models without button top.

I have been using Ultrafire cells for almost 10 years, and thought 3600mah and 4000mah were the bomb and great price. I just bought my first (4) Orbtronic 18650’s and my lights have come to life !

If I had only known ……. Excellent products and boombastic customer service …… You will not spend money on others ……

I know the financial money days are hard at this time, save and save and get (2) Orbtronics …… Even 1 …. I will never mislead a fellow FLASHAHOLIC …… 0:)

The orbtronic batteries are great and their customer service is even better. My only complaint is there 18650 cells dont work on my Eagletac T20C2. Eagletac recommends 18650 no longer then 68.5mm and the 2900mah from Orbtronic’s I have are listed as 68.7mm. I cant control the light modes.

T20C2 has a physical reverse polarity protection, so you will have to use button top. I would try Nr.2 (unprotected NCR18650A) from that picture above (post #14).
It has a wide button top, but not sure if it works with T20C2. There are multiple revisions on that flashlight as well.

Unfortunately there is no 18650 battery “one size fits all” because 18650 standard for flashlights has never been established.