Ordered (10) Ultrafire Sk68's...

There are a lot of those rip offs,
but those prices are from the same seller you linked to, 1 for $3 or 4 for $20.

Cheers David

Yes... As was the auction I mentioned.

You need to do some reading on batteries here on blf beiore marching off to buy more crap batteries on ebay .

Ebay is a horrid place to buy some of this stuff .....almost all 18650's and 14500's off ebay are a mistake . You need to avoid it like the plague until you really know what you're looking at . Ebay sellers have zero idea what they are selling ...

Did someone say 1000 lumens ?

Trusting claimed battery capacities is going to be much worse

Don't buy 14500's or 18650 batteries off Ebay ......

A lot of those oddball listings like that (~$1 item listed for $2000 buy-it-now) are actually money laundering deals. Sometimes a seller will alter the price to some stupidly high number when an item is out of stock instead of de-listing.

Not “DOA” exactly

Do, as others say above, read up on batteries; I see you have at least one li-ion.
But don’t turn your back on the poor quality ones. You know the precautions, right?

That is a XP-E Q5 emitter, notice there are no slots on the reflector assembly to remove the emitter assembly like on older XR-E SK68 !

I don’t believe you, they aren’t that stupid to make different batches. It would be a logistic nightmare for both manufacturing and inventory for such a low cost item !

It’s an XP-E something all right. No telling what bin. Good catch on the lack of slots!

Are you making a deadpan joke? The pictures Xendrius posted clearly show a driver with no boost section. It’s a DD driver. That effectively means it’s only for single-cell Lithium-Ion applications. Exactly what Muto said.

Nothing a few seconds with a diamond cutoff wheel won’t fix :wink:
(just cut a few grooves in em)

I have bought dozens of these, and never had a dud yet. I make sure i buy from sellers i bought from before and trust. I also just received 6 black SK68 clones and 6 silver, all work great on a AA.