origin of 'torch'

on the internet, i’ve come accustomed to the general term ‘light’ to sum up the nutrious value in things that glow

in countries which adopt british english, one mostly says ‘torch’

here is a short demonstrational video to remind us of the origin of the word, or why

Send that one back to Manafont! ;)

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19012

That is a seriously funny video! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the laugh as well RC. :slight_smile:

dx actually :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve tried to post it as a video review lol

incans are a dying breed, gotta laf while you can, live and pass on the stories :slight_smile:

:bigsmile: What is on the lens??!

i happened to see the same effect once when the first time having P60 host with XML T6 driving at 2.8A with stock driver…
I think it was the grease that evaporated :smiley:

there is no lens there, that smoke is coming straight out the chimney :slight_smile:

i noticed it building up inside after installing a new 20W halogen bulb. that was a new experience. so i took out the lens and thought i’d let it burn away, but still plenty more where it came from it seems

i don’t what’s fueling it, but there is a crazy hunk of thermal goop all over the bulb…

wow, if i saw smoke coming out of an led emitter i’d be racing like hell to put the magic back in there :ghost:

incans, it’s a different story. they were made to burn :wink:

I wonder if that goop might affect its life? I wear gloves when changing halogen bulbs because I think the skin oils can affect it.