Ozbargainer and fisherman from Australia

Another reason I need a brighter light is I am the wrong side of 40 and my eyes are sh@t.

http://budgetlightforum.com/user/11225 PM him about the TM16 and TM16GT.
As a fellow Aussie, it’s worth doing so :slight_smile:

Thanks Borked - Have sent the message.

Hey mate its me from ozbargain aussieprepper I use these two names. Seeing as we like building lights on here some one probably has a great idea about the torch you need.

I think the tm16 will be overkill you will find shining 4000 lumen on sand will kill your eyes.

I was just up at Lake Macquarie fishing actually 3am in the morning and I was on the jetti and some one was lurking in the bushes I thought its probably just some one looking for crabs or prawns on the shore line but I spotted him out with my torch and he sure wasn’t dressed like he was fishing and when I seen him he then walked away. Bit suss I should just take out the boat.I had my nitecore hc30 and blf a6 on me…

Hi everyday

Sounds like the guy in the bushes was up to something!

Did he actually have clothes on??

LOL

hahahaha yea he did well i always people with lights on the shore but not that late its usually sunrise and sunset? i am YouTube these lights flounder/Prawn Light to see if i can build one.

good point this guy on youtube made you could hook your prawn light up to a jump starter? one like this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10017814/3658300-car-emergency-jump-starter-power-bank-12800mah

Or maybe buy a diving torch and go to bunnings get some hinges and piping and buy a pressure switch for the torch you want so you can mount the on/of button on top of the pipe?

OK so my girlfriend managed to wreck 2 IX-6 rated torches by dunking them while prawning.

Expensive mistake.

I now need advice on the following:

Someone mentioned putting silicone on the torches (I assume the threads where they screw on) - where do I get this silicone and how do I use it?

I want to get a very good headlamp suitable for wearing while fishing/prawning
I have one of these energizer Hardcase Professional ones already - 250 lumen - its good, but I want better

Where is the best place to buy a TM16 right now - FastTech’s price has gone from $142 USD to $199 USD in the last couple of days - sorry I missed the earlier deal.

OK so have now placed an order for a TM16GT and a HC30.

I am a little peeved at FastTech - I ordered some batteries and battery cases - they were all showing as “in stock” when I placed the order.

Now half my order is “restocking” - grrr……

Also I found the silicone!

I have a V1 NiteCore I4 charger - hopefully not fake but not sure.

I would ideally like an 8 battery charger - the only ones I can see are the Klarus C8

Are the Klarus any good or should I stick to the Nitecore 4 battery chargers?

Nitecore Silicone

i just use petroleum jelly

OK guys

I’ve been using my TM16GT (thanks Mad Max for the deal) and my HC30 headlamps.

The TM16GT is great, but having used it, I long for something as bright that throws a wider beam. Say for example the TM16GT throws a narrow beam 3,600 lumen beam around 1,000 metres (not sure I believe that distance but anyway) - I’d like a torch that throws say a 3 or 4 times wider beam of at least 3,000 lumens over up to say 250 metres.
Something around the same size or even slightly bigger than the TM16GT would be fine.
I am wondering if a TM26, TM06 or TM15 might do the trick?

I’m also wondering if there are better headlamps than the HC30 - sure it is pretty good, but surely there are better ones?