P5 "Zhishunjia" Triple Review

Ah-h-h, all in all IMHO it’s worth $15.00. I realize all the shortcomings it has and I was critical of it in my report on it when I first received it but it’s still a decent light.

It has good throw and when it warms up on high it transfers the heat to my hand and unless you keep it on high for extended periods, it doesn’t get so hot that you can’t hold it.

Come on, we’re getting so spoiled and so critical that we now expect a $15.00 light to be top quality and have no flaws. Heck, just a few years ago we would have reveled in these cheap Chinese lights as marvels.

Again, I’m not really defending this light as a true bargain in this day and age of wonderful Chinese lights but for $15.00 it’s not all as bad as some imply. I’ve been using it a lot in the past few days and think it’s fine.

If you modders want to put an extra $20.00 and lots of work into it to “make it right”’ I say have at it! Truly my main complaint with it is having to cycle through all the modes just to turn it off.

If some folks are interested in it and for $15.00, I say go for it. It’ll make a decent car or truck or knock-around light just the way it is. Maybe it won’t last with a lot of use but we’re getting WAY overboard in our criticism of $10.00 to $15.00 lights. :slight_smile:

Looks like this light is strongly inspired by the Fenix TK45 :slight_smile:

I agree entirely; it's an okay (just okay) light with some limiting design shortcuts. I'm just disappointed that when I purchased this light, it was not as described by the seller. I hadn't seen this light before to know that other sellers had it listed as XP-E emitters; knowing this, my expectations would have been reduced, and I would have likely looked elsewhere. <shrug>

GearBest has agreed to refund me $3 toward the purchase of this light... I have suggested that they update the product listing which still lists this as an XM-L T6 light. If they don't fix their listing now, I'm sure there will be other disappointed customers coming along soon enough.

Yes MRs, it does have that appearance.

I have a metal railing company and we get items anodized quite often. We usually polish aluminum before anodizing, however sometimes we will bead-blast material and it give it more of a textured appearance. That is what this appears to be.

That being said, some of the anodizing looks funky like where the threading starts....

My light is scheduled to arrive today and I shall post support pics as well.

Cheers