P60 host storage?

As I am getting packages from Manafont on a daily basis now, and ending up with more and more hosts with or without drop-ins, and a few P60 host-sized light of other forms.

I have started wondering where you guys who’ve been doing this longer than I have put your torches when you’re not using them. We have more hand-held torches than we have hands, so where do you put your collection, other than in strategic places around the house?

I am envisioning a cabinet with 40 head-standing hosts in it, like an army of strange looking aliens waiting for deployment. Or maybe a soft roll-up case like the folding knife collectors use?

Just do a search for the word “curio” here…
http://budgetlightforum.com/search?cx=003594287766108315333%3Arh7nbidoobo&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&as_q=curio&siteurl=budgetlightforum.com%2F&ref=

…and you will get several results like this thread:

Oh good lord. While that is cooler than showing off little porcelaine poodles, I was thinking of something more practical/tactical… LOL.

Here's a good thread on storage: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5879#top

I keep some in cases, some on my desk and scattered in drawers around the house, in my car, garage and at work.

I think it’s easy enough to keep the the lights themselves either just standing around on a desk or in convenient locations were they will be used and keep the storage boxes for parts, batteries, etc.

That keeps things much more compact in my opinion.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Tell the wife pack up the junk in the china cabinet and pack it away you are moving your flashlights in there! LOL :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :party: :party: 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

I have seen pictures of light collections in china cabinets so I know it works.

Totally makes sense, but I think most of you may have at least one drop-in per host. I am ending up with more hosts than drop-ins. :wink: And I am up to 4 so far. If that is multiplied by even just three I won’t have enough desk space. Plus… I have cats. I’ll have to figure something out like a roll-up soft case or something until I can load up and sell off whatever hosts I don’t intend on keeping. Thanks all.

For ‘excess’ working lights, I get from most any hardware store, these little “utility hooks”

along with a “finish washer” over them, they fit right under the lower bolt holding the light switch cover plate on

(The switch plate bolt heads are conical; they fit the finish washer’s shape; the finish washer is big enough to securely cover the hole in the utility hook.)
So then you have a little hook conveniently out of the way right below each light switch.

Nice! I like!

I use an old fishing tackle box but it's already full and the parts that don't fit are in a ziplock bag. I think I need one of the bigger Plano boxes that BetweenRides linked to.

Agreed. Cool ideas. I figured someone would have some bomb-proof Pelican case(s) with custom cut foam or something. :slight_smile:

•812 x 483 x 445mm
•Heavy duty steel construction
•Electro powder coated
•Gas struts
•Heavy duty carry handles

I am not joking. No one steals my stuff.

My friend wanted the case with the foam insert with multiple drop ins and batteries etc ...Since he's such a muuron I thnk i dismissed that idea pretty quickly ..i think lights are ment to be used not showcased ..So a case might be cool ..the light is usually already in my pocket .

My lights are on a muli- tiered desk and bookcase at about eye level .about every 4 months they all come crashing down ..lights that have nice lows and face plant really well make it onto my nightstand and there are miltiple lights on bookshelves in almost every room and on nightstands ...front door and backdoor have 2 D maglite clone throwers to spot and bludgeon intruders .A couple plastic drawers house batteries and spare emitters drivers etc and a couple plastic containers with segmented compartments hold cr123's and 18650's..

Answer to the question is ..they're everywhere :P

Holy crap! Well done!

I’m sure I will have something similar going on as my collection grows. :slight_smile: But I have a suspicion I will have some unused empty hosts around too. My place is small, so I don’t have a lot of places to put anything. So I kinda want to have some case-like thingy to hous the hosts waiting for guts.

Oh, I have my powered L2 with me always, and will have a dedicated weaponlight on my scattergun or M-4 or both. The Sipiks and clones will be all over the place, and I may keep some CR123 torch in my car, but it gets REALLY hot in the car in the desert, so I dunno yet. Still want a few more P60 hosts and a good thrower or two. But I still buy other types too if there’s a good deal and I’m impulsive… which is a lot lately. I don’t have any need to showcase, so whatever I figure out for storage will be practical and protective.

I will treasure it in a Faraday box (in the photo is just one type, I have many types)

Maan I had to LMAO cause mine are on a table in the corner by my recliner & every so often I turn & hit my elbow on the corner & 30 lights fall (I”M peeing my pants)! I feel so stupid when it happens (my belly hurts!) I”M scaru-ed I”M gonna wake the wife (now I”M choking)

I have a couple different piles of stacked up lights that randomly come crashing down aslo I though it was just me. Luckily I have more drop ins than lights so I end up with a good place to store most of my batteries as well. I have enough lumens at the ready to light up a small town when the power goes out again and it will.