P60 hosts

Are there any other quality P60 hosts/lights out there, other than Solarforce? I know there are lots of Ultrafire/spider/unique/chippanfire lights but I am thinking about quality lights. I Love the look of the Xeno G5 V5 and it got me thinking what else is out there.

I have searched but there doesn’t seem to be a thread on this. But I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Marc.

surefire c/p series and also customs like tnc is another expensive option.

Yeah I want to avoid Surefire because of the price. I presume tnc are also expensive?

Thanks,

Marc.

Surefire. It’s hard to surpass that logo.
Atm, there’re still like 4 original 6P bored for 18650 left, being sold by FiveMega over at CPF.

There are also custom hosts made by modders with lathes.
FiveMega (FM)’s Cooly Host looks quite cool with fins populating the entire 26650 torch.
He made copper 6P’s recently.
Ronac makes finned P60 heads named Cryos and Cryos M2.
Here’s an example of a Cu Cryos + 6P body (I’m still waiting for the tailcap. Maybe it’ll be here in a few hours? : D):

Oh, lol. Custom stuff are expensive too.
If you want good quality and budget priced P60 hosts, Solarforce is the way to go with its array of accessories.

That’s pretty cool! :slight_smile:

Marc.

Malkoff md2/4 along with vital gear, both decently priced.

:bigsmile:

The thread was to see if there are any other ‘solarforce type’ lights out there. So Same kind of price point, within reason. I know they are probably going to work out as one of the cheapest. But the same kind of quality.

The reason I am asking is that I can’t think of many (apart from the UF ones) and yet there are millions of P60 drop-ins.

Marc.

Skyray S-R5 was really good. A real workhorse. I have an original, I prefer this against the SF L2.

Unfortunately newer versions isn’t too great in build quality. Manafont used to sell both but now only stocks the crappy one, and at increased price while at it.

So if anyone knows another source for the good version of Skyray S-R5, I’d be interested to know as well.

I’ll check it out. I just find it a little strange that Solarforce are pretty much on there own.

Marc.

Dereelight CL1H. Not a pure host because it comes with a drop-in, but the thermal management is better in the CL1H than a Solarforce L2_. I have a V3. I’m not sure about the -T model since I haven’t handled one of them.

Oveready.com makes P60 compatible lights. Check the Moddoolar section. You can use their bodies and their P60 interface and use any P60 engine. Pretty sure their tail threads are the same as surefires and solarforce. They can be a little spendy but they are good quality hosts if you wanna spend the money.

Maybe a bit off topic but I was wondering if all P60 drop-ins run both on 1x18650 and 2xcr123. Is there difference in brightness when running two CR123s?

Here is a list of potential host. Dont know if you had seen this yet

P60 Host List

AH HA! Thanks, I didn’t know one existed. I guess that’s what I was trying to do here.

Thanks again,

Marc.

The answer to this question is “no”. In fact, most drop ins made to run on a single 18650 will not work with two cr123a because their max voltage, usually 4.2v, is below the 6v of the two cr123a.

That said, some will work. It really all depends on the voltage window or range that the drop in will operate in.

For example, this drop in from Manafont has a 3.7v - 4.2v and is really meant for a single 18650, whereas this one’s window is 3.7v - 18v, so it will work on one or more 18650, two or more cr123a, three or more AA… really any combination that gets you into the voltage window.

Hope that helps.