P60: The best light on paper that I rarely use :)

I have my Solarforce L2 XM-L hanging on a nail just inside my garage door, use it all the time when I go out front at night.

I have a 504b with an XM-L by my back door, use it when I take the dog outside at night.

What is surprising about my p60 hosts isn't that I use them, it is how often I use them on Low or Medium. I'll usually scan the yard on high, then just flip it down to low while I wait for the dog to do her thing. She does like it when I light up a few rabbits on High and let her run them out of the yard.

Received my Solarforce L2T today. Installed the Ultrafire XML 3 mode drop-in. Unfortunately the forward clicky doesn't work well with a multi-mode drop in. It randomly changes modes when turning the light on. Very frustrating. Looks like I need a single mode drop in. Other than that, it's a work of art. I love the look and feel!

Update: I swapped the XML with a Solarforce XP-G R5 3 mode. It works much better. No more random mode switching!. Maybe it's less sensitive to slight switch glitches??

Keep troubleshooting atbglenn,

My L2T, and I'm sure most of all the rest out there work with multi-mode drop-ins just fine.

Good luck!

Thanks parkerdude. Maybe the switch needs to be broken in. If not, I need to get another drop in anyway, so I might as well get a single mode XML for it. Not the end of the world really :)

You may need to stiffen up the spring in the tailcap or the drop-in.

I added a spring to a L2P switch that was acting flaky with the longer body, and the mode changing was dramatically reduced. I can still get it to change with a determined 'WHACK,' but short of that it works as advertised.

EDIT: I really want to try the gold springs at CNQG in the 'parts' section....maybe this is a good reason to order them...now you have ME ordering parts for YOUR problem. This hobby is a bit of a sickness, no?

It is a sickness, and it's getting worse all the time! I can't stop spending money on this stuff. I need some serious help, mentally. lol!

atbglenn,

you mentioned "CNQG" as a source of p-60 parts, who is "CNQG" and where can I find them?

thanks!

EDIT: I really want to try the gold springs at CNQG in the 'parts' section....maybe this is a good reason to order them...now you have ME ordering parts for YOUR problem. This hobby is a bit of a sickness, no?

[/quote]

It is a sickness, and it's getting worse all the time! I can't stop spending money on this stuff. I need some serious help, mentally. lol!

[/quote]

parkerdude, Chicago X mentioned CNQG. I have no idea what it is..

Here you go:

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1127

(Link to springs)

They sell the DRY 3 x XM-L torch there, among other gems.

Just got my L2M! Got a Solarforce 3 mode XP-G (.8 to 4.2Volt, no disco mode) installed running off a CR123A cell for now. Gotta get rechargeable's. One thing I noticed, it doesn't have the anti roll hex on the head. I'm going to email the seller...

...then it's practically all my Solarforce torches. I have 2 Solarforce L2, 2 Solarforce L2P - all with Manafont 3-mode XM-L - and a Skyline 1, Oh yes, and a MG Pocket Rocket SST-50. All holstered and neatly packed away. Not even Shelf Queens!