Paid less - wtf is MAP?

This thread is intended to constructively deal with the not-so-appreciated map policy of a variety of premium brands. This shall of course NOT avoid any reasonable shitstorm :bigsmile:
Please post the street prices you paid for maped flashlights herein and be eventually prepared for PM asking from where you got it.

1) Oct.2013: 199$ Fenix TK75 Cree XM-L2 goes over a chinese counter for ~155$ or even less, incl. free intl. shipping.

Deutcheland

You should see this thread. Lots of pre-MAP prices.

I read the last 20 or so pages of that one. So MAP came up just within the last year or so?
This posting will self-destruct within 24h.

Am I the only one who does not have a clue what this thread is about?

Sorry for that mess, I thought on the postings about the TK75-deal that it would be a good idea to collect street prices of flashlights under MAP restrictions. Then Kreisl came by the way and you have seen what he made me do :zipper_mouth_face:

I deleted my mess and promise to improve 0:)

sorry for messing you up

troop, basically, there’s been quite a few group buys of high end lights fall through due to minimum advertised crap, along with quite a debacle involving fasttech (you may not have found them yet) and some sellers getting manfactures to bitch over minimum advertised prices.

its caused quite a stink, with much gnashing of teeth and pulling of beards, the net result is some have vowed not to deal with map enforcing companies who choose to use the forum to air their dirty linen and inept business practices.

those of us who choose to mod budget lights instead have just decided to wash our hands of the lot and order more hosts, copper, xm-l2’s and xp-g2’s……

Its ca