Panasonic 18650 2900 mah

If you simply check the DC voltage is within a few millivolts this is avoided, whats the problem? Testing internal impedances of the Panasonics ive had shows they are very well matched and will not fall out of sync easily. As said, stupid people will still be able to mess them up, but they deserve the Darwin awards...

I have a DMM but not everyone has one or a DVM around to check. Most people I know don't even have a cheap $5 battery checker at home. My wife isn't dumb but she would have a hard time figuring out how to use my meter in order to check a battery.

If you're refering to batteries that use the Panasonic cell with a PCB for protection, the answer is yes. I bought a pair of Xtar 3100 that use the Panasonic cells and a protection circuit. They have been reviewed well. I bought mine from HKequipment.net along with my first 18650 light, the Lumintop ED20 with neutral white emitter. The cells were $26 for a set of two, shipped. They shipped them in an Ultrafire battery holder for free.

There's also pair of Keeppower 3100mAh's for $23/pair (and you can make offer, I believe lowest offer that seller will accept is $21) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keeppower-18650-3100mAh-Built-Panasonic-18650-Cell-2-pack-/270965512744?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item3f16cd9a28

Quite a deal, if you ask me. 2 batteries for price of 1 RediLast 3100mAh battery.

Except it's a mercedes with no brakes.

Keep in mind that Panasonic is expecting these cells to be put in a laptop battery pack where there will be circuits that control the load and keep the voltage where it should be. If you're not driving the battery hard and you're watching the voltage, maybe you will be okay. But you can't watch it all the time and there is always a chance of a dead short happening in a light if a spring gets loose or who knows what.

Yikes!!!

Thank you.

Is the shipping included in the $21 offer? If you go to the make an offer page it says shipping not included but since for $23 it is include I would assume they would include it for $21 as well.

Shipping is FREE.

Anytime an eBay listing states free shipping any accepted offer below the listed price includes shipping. So to answer your question yes, the $21 would be shipped.

Shipping is free. :Р

Ok, offered $21 then, may as well have some more and better 18650s around.

Well, they accepted my $21 offer, so getting another set of good cells.

It depends on where you get the TrustFire Flames i have brought from a few different sellers with mixed to poor results, but i have tested 18 to 20 TrustFire Flames from here and they test between 2300 to 2500 mAh depending on the current draw. The best thing is they are protected.

The trouble is people buy them off ebay of cheap ones for $5 bucks a pair and expect all flames to perform the same, but just because they have the same wrapper does not mean they are the same battery.

Any one can but a wrapper on a battery and claim any thing and a lot of people recommend batteries with out testing them.

True panisonic's are great if you want to draw more then 3 or 4 amps per battery, but most lights are in series and don't draw that much or in parallel and will not draw that much from a single cell and the cheap protected panisonic,s Ive tested the cheap PCB's let them down and limit the usable mAh and current draw so i end up ripping off the protection PCB's

Do you mean that these are not pcb protected?

Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mAh Protected Battery(One) (NCR18650A 3100mAh
Protected), from intl-outdoor.

There are far safer options for unprotected cells, for example the CGR18650.

Unless you're willing to check voltages EVERY time they are used/charged, as well as willing to take the risk of short-circuit and subsequent "vent with flame" event, I would avoid these.

YMMV.